Employee Cafe Cook - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Employee Cafe Cook
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
Jul 29, 2021
Nov 19, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Responsible for stocking supplies as required for kitchen and production use. Responsible for proper storage of products for preparation. Prepare all food products as directed by Chef. Help maintain proper sanitation in all areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Able to carry out policies and procedures of Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Able to keep dry storage and walk-ins cleaned and stocked
- Must have knowledge of use and maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Moderate knowledge of method of preparation of sauces, soups, meats etc.
- Basic knife skills required
- Can assist with kitchen inventory and stock rotation as needed
- Must ensure the highest degree of sanitation is kept to at all times
- Must maintain proper uniform and nametag at all times
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Prior experience in a high volume kitchen.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Basic knife handling skills.
- Basic cooking knowledge.
- Basic math skills.
- Written and verbal understanding of English.
- Sanitation certificate and/or serve safe license required.
- Long hours with over time required at times.
- Work requires knowledge and use of chemicals and electrical equipment.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise. Work entails various conditions of noise levels, temperature, illumination, air quality, crowding, balance and handling of sharp and hot objects.
The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the 12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.