Slot Operations Shift Manager **Up To $1,000 Sign-On Bonus** - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Slot Operations Shift Manager **Up To $1,000 Sign-On Bonus**
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Nov 24, 2021
Jan 24, 2022
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members up to and including termination; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- Ensure efficient operations, administration, and performance of Slot Operations on assigned shift.
- Delegate and track assignments to ensure that all functions of the shift are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Update departmental procedure manuals and the proper documentation and storage of all relevant materials. Provide recommendations and suggestions, when appropriate, to improve policies, procedures, or the facility.
- Resolve guest concerns and complaints, both written and verbal, in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that a maximum level of guest service is achieved and adhered to throughout the department.
- Ensure accuracy and thoroughness of all departmental records and reports. Verify and review all shift paperwork for accuracy and investigate any discrepancies found.
- Promote an orderly and positive working environment throughout the Slot Department.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all PH&C’s activities and facilities including but not limited to special promotions and events in order to provide information to team members as well as guests.
- Maintain knowledge of gaming laws and regulations.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 3 years of progressively responsible supervisory/management related experience are required. A Bachelor’s Degree can take the place of 1 year of supervisory/management experience. An Associate’s Degree can take the place of 6 months of supervisory/management experience.
- 2 years of work experience in Slot Operations in a department of similar size preferred.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and the ability to demonstrate Microsoft Excel skills.
- The ability to use basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and counting using whole numbers and United States currency.
- The ability to demonstrate accurate writing skills.
- The ability to read and interpret written instructions and diagrams.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members at all levels of the organization professionally, including the ability to speak in front of small groups.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the office and property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member is required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 30 pounds on a regular basis without assistance or more with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
**Up To $1,000 Sign-On Bonus**
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: https://www.paysbig.com
Click Here to see all of our career opportunities and sign-on bonuses!
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
Our casino offer 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and an Off-Track Betting Room 24/7. Our gaming facility also features a 500-room hotel, a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants, and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space.
You must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Our comprehensive Benefits Package includes:
- Basic Life
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free On-site Workplace Health Clinic
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Free 24 hour Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!