Lead Compliance Technician - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Lead Compliance Technician
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Jul 28, 2021
Nov 26, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Gaming Technical Supervisor, the Lead Gaming Compliance Technician will be responsible for the tactical, day-to-day operation of gaming device projects; including coordinating, overseeing, planning, scheduling, monitoring and leading the technical team. The Lead Gaming Compliance Technician will ensure that the technical team regulates gaming devices within the SMBMI Jurisdiction to maintain fairness of game play, prevent illicit activities and comply with regulations. They will train, mentor and advise Gaming Compliance Technicians I and II.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively lead, assign, communicate, and monitor technicians to maintain production and regulatory objectives while conforming to the needs of the business.
- Ensure gaming devices available for commercial operation contain certified hardware and software with verified software installed. Safeguard gaming devices by sealing secured area(s), confirm all locking mechanisms are engaged, and verify security sensor(s) are operating as the manufacturer designed.
- Validate gaming devices and associated peripherals are set-up and operating appropriately including confirming the correct optioning, communication, paytable results, generation of accounting records, validation of currency and instruments, display of game rules, and input device labels match function.
- Tracks the operating status of gaming devices. Ensure technicians are monitoring and reporting any malfunctions, ?out of service? devices and changes to the gaming floor.
- Investigate problems and patterns with the gaming devices to determine whether regulatory involvement is necessary. Regardless of the investigation results, accurately communicate the information to management.
- Proactively work with the Gaming Operation and vendors to expedite gaming device projects, repairs, software revocations, and investigations to find legitimate solutions for maintaining a fully operational gaming floor to support the Tribal Government?s economic development objective.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program for SMTGC controlled areas of gaming devices in keeping with the manufacturers? specifications.
- Continuously verify the Integrated Regulatory Information Systems (IRIS) data is accurate. This data is used to screen for revoked software, monitor changes to gaming devices, track unusual patterns, review technician documentation, and prepare mission-critical lists for State and Federal agencies.
- Review and approve gaming device projects, system changes, software data, machine moves and new gaming devices within the IRIS database; plan the project logistics which includes researching new products, confirming the accuracy of the project request, ensuring the validity of the technical requirements, communicating with all involved parties, verifying the availability of certified software and hardware, ensuring the adequacy of staffing to perform the work, managing resources, and ensuring the regulatory requirements as prescribed by the technical standards and Gaming Commission Regulations (GCR) are satisfied.
- Assigns technicians to investigate any unusual, suspicious or problematic devices; ensures the implementation of appropriate maintenance and repairs.
- Track software inventory and verification to ensure accountability, game integrity and accuracy is maintained in detailed database reports.
- Prepare inventory lists and obtain operational approval for all gaming device software being destroyed.
- Plan, track and report strategic objectives to compliance management, Executive Director, and the Gaming Commissioner.
- Plan, coordinate and collaborate with multifunctional teams from various departments and vendors; ensures projects are successfully completed on time.
- Develops strong and positive relationships with software approvers (regulatory) and users (customers and vendors); communicates effectively with regulators, vendors and internal and external customers in order to accomplish a cohesive working relationship.
- Test, critique, and document technician?s knowledge and job skills; provide additional training and assignments to correct deficiencies and to continue positive development. Training programs will include hands-on, videos, presentations, checklists, handouts, and other aids to assist in the technician?s development. Maintain documentation demonstrating training and testing.
- Create and maintain schedules to maintain 24/7 coverage with adequate technical staffing and resources.
- Enforce Federal, State, and Tribal laws governing the transportation gaming devices to ensure shipping permits comply. Prepares a memoranda justifying approval of shipping permits by the Executive Director.
- Develop workflows, checklists and reports; design system parameters to enhance and maximize the utilization of IRIS.
- Monitor, communicate, and enforce regulations for gaming devices in accordance with the Johnson Act, Tribal-State Compact, and Gaming Commission Regulations.
- Provide critical reviews of technicians? work ensuring clarity and reliability; ensure an appropriate level of information is communicated for irregularities, regulatory violations and/or technical standards.
- Substitute for Technician I and II as needed to maintain production standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Information Technology (IT) or Engineering and a minimum of four (4) years of hands-on gaming device advanced technical repairs, or six (6) years of hands-on gaming device advanced technical repairs.
- Experience working in a Gaming or Regulatory environment mandatory.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook required.
- Intermediate proficiency Integrated Regulatory Information Systems (IRIS) is required.
- Advanced proficiency in internet research mandatory.
- A+ or N+ certification preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver?s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company?s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!