Buffet Sous Chef - Monarch Casino Resort Spa
Buffet Sous Chef
Monarch Casino Resort Spa
Black Hawk, Colorado 80422
Jul 31, 2021
Nov 26, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Job Title: Sous Chef
Salary: $65,000 + Free Meal + Benefits
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: None
Apply today start tomorrow. Refer a friend/family member if you’re both hired, you both will earn an extra $600 in referral bonuses!
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarch’s new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games with unlimited betting, a new poker room and sports betting room coming soon. Our spa features state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs, bar and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- New Hire Incentives up to $400 (for non-management)
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms Provided Free of Charge for Most Positions
- 1 Free Hot Meal per Shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- 80% - 100% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Hotel and Resort Discounts
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch we subsidize your bus transportation from 80% up to 100%!
The Sous Chef is the second in command in the kitchen and generally is in charge of food production. The Sous Chef assumes all the duties of the Room Chef in the chef’s absence. Responsibilities include assisting in interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Propose menus and recipes
- Systemize food production to maximize efficiency and consistency
- Enforce purchasing specifications, storeroom requisition systems, product storage requirements, standardization recipes and waste control procedures
- Assist Executive Chef in recruiting, managing and disciplining kitchen personnel
- Train kitchen personnel in food production principles and practices and ensure that all recipes and food production practices are followed
- Assist Executive Chef in scheduling kitchen employees in conjunction with business forecasts and predetermined budget
- Train service personnel regarding food preparation, ingredients, nutritional values and special dietary requests
- College degree or equivalent
- Guest Service and Professionalism – The Sous Chef serves as role model and sets the standard for all team members to maintain high-quality and consistent customer service. This requires an advanced knowledge of industry best practices and customer service
- Communication – This position requires a commitment to details both verbally and non-verbally therefore, the Sous Chef must encourage cooperative and consistent levels of communication with kitchen staff, front-end staff and management. Must understand instructions, read written company memorandums and communicate with little or no additional direction
- Interpersonal Relationships – Must adapt to different personalities of clients, vendors and coworkers without losing focus. Must possess high professional ethics and avoid extreme familiarity or conflicts with others
- Problem Solving, Quality Control and Priority Assessment – Must evaluate current practices and processes; immediately recognize potential areas of conflict; and initiate ways to improve current business methods, quality of products and services provided to the customers
- Conflict management – A Sous Chef must recognize a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgment, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure. Requires the often-unbiased mediation skills to handle all types of conflicts that will occur at all levels of supervision and the ability to negotiate effectively
- Information Gathering – Must enhance the quality of food-preparation services including ingredient changes to promote the uniqueness of recipes
- Flexibility – Must work overtime when needed and assist the workload of others
- Understands health and sanitation requirements for State of Colorado
- Familiar with computer/POS functions to include all MS Office functions
- Ability to effectively supervise others as well as be self-disciplined
- Must be familiar with how a restaurant and bar efficiently operates
- Available to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays, etc
- Must pass a food handling and sanitation test
- Understands measurements of liquid and weight and temperatures
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Colorado.
Monarch Casino Resort Spa
488 Main Street, PO Box 9
Black Hawk, CO 80422
Monarch Casino Resort Spa is conveniently located 45 minutes West of Denver in the historical mining town of Black Hawk, Colorado. It is the first casino you see when you arrive from Denver on Highway 119.
Monarch Casino Resort Spa features 30,000 sq. ft. of gaming space with 750 slot machines, video poker, and 12 table games that include Black Jack, Shoe or Double Deck, Pai Gow Poker, Craps, Roulette, and Three Card Poker Progressive.
We are undergoing an expansion that will double the casino floor, add a 516-room hotel tower, four restaurants, 1200 slots, 40 table games, a live poker room, a high-stakes area, an expanded gaming floor with over 60,000 square feet of gaming space, Rooftop pool and spa and 1,350 FREE parking spaces in our attached covered parking garage. The shortest distance from your car to the casino in the State!
With all the great things to come, Monarch needs great people. The casino is accepting applications for talented guest service oriented individuals to join the Monarch team. Ideal applicants will have exceptional communication skills and have a passion for excellent guest service.
By joining Monarch, team members will be well positioned to advance and grow along with the overall expansion. Since Monarch is a service oriented company, it is important to note that all Monarch Casino Resort Spa team members must adhere to strict professional image requirements - visible tattoos and visible body piercings are not permitted.
Monarch Casino Resort Spa is a Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. property. The parent company is Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation.
Are you interested in:
- A Fast Track Career with Career Development and Career Advancement Opportunities?
- Flexible Works Schedules and Referral/Attendance Bonuses?
- Paid College Tuition, Free Meals, Discounted Transportation, Health Benefits and More?
- Team Member (TM) Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current TM up to $600, we pay your referral up to $1,600
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Up to $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- Paid Trips to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Round Trip Bus Tickets for $4 per Day
- Free Parking
- Additional Premium Pay in Select Positions
- Paid Vacation
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, disability, and more)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4 per day!