Office Coordinator, Hotel Housekeeping - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Office Coordinator, Hotel Housekeeping
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Jan 12, 2022
Jun 28, 2022
Type of Position:
Under the general direction of the Hotel’s Housekeeping Assistant Managers, the Housekeeping Office Coordinator acts as a liaison between Housekeeping and various departments including but not limited to Front Desk, Facilities, and Security. This integral role is responsible for providing administrative office support and clerical coverage to ensure Housekeeping operations are efficient and aligned with Forbes standards and enterprise policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assists Housekeeping Supervisors and Assistant Managers by creating and directing associates into their corresponding roles on a day-to-day basis, including but not limited to; producing daily assignment sheets, filing departmental reports, answering and directing all internal and external calls in a courteous and professional manner, assigning radios, keeping records on file and acting as liaison between various departments. Acts as contact/liaison between Department, vendors, and suppliers. Assists with data entry for the department, as needed. Coordinates meetings with staff of other departments. Frequently utilizes radio to communicate with team members.
2. Follows-up to ensure all maintenance requests pertaining to guest rooms and departmental equipment are addressed in an efficient manner. Assists with monitoring quality and performance of associates. Ensures all requests are completed in a timely manner and in accordance to Forbes standards. Communicates constantly with Room Attendants to ensure their access to assigned rooms.
3. Contributes to an environment which motivates team members to collaborate, learn, perform, and develop their skills. Contributes to diverse team of well-trained team members by leading by example, empowering, sharing knowledge, and assisting throughout employment lifecycle.
4. Keeps up to date on health and safety policies and procedures and ensures all team members consistently meet standards of safety, cleanliness and maintenance throughout Department, including ensuring all required certifications remain current.
5. Assists with monitoring of daily departmental activities to ensure successful day-to-day management of operations. Assists with departmental issues by collaborating with Housekeeping Assistant Managers on courses of action to improve and/or enhance the overall Department performance.
6. Maintains familiarity with Forbes Travel Guide standards and remains current on occupational knowledge and skills by following and demonstrating standards.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) years customer service experience required.
- One (1) year general administrative experience required.
- 1-2 years experience in upscale hotel preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high demand environment.
- Must have schedule flexibility including evenings, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn and work with the Property Management System.
- Ability to identify and prioritize issues, delegating as appropriate, to drive to measurable results.
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow, direct and motivate people at all levels
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprises insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!