Slot Technician - Sign On Bonus $500 - Spotlight 29 Casino
Slot Technician - Sign On Bonus $500
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Jul 16, 2021
Feb 13, 2022
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
We are seeking a skilled hands on Slot Technician, to test, calibrate, clean, and repair Slot machines and equipment for conformance to established standards, and assist in maintaining complete operation of all machine standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period”
- Repair printers, reels, comparators, monitors, progressive displays, diverters, optics, bill acceptor heads, cash boxes, and any other repairs that are associated with all slot machines. (If repair is not possible, replace each part)
- Perform all setups on all models.
- Refill paper in machines.
- Must comprehend the difference between A/C and D/C Voltage.
- Must be able to use drills, screw drivers, hammers, crimpers, sauder guns, seesaws, circular saws, pin pushers, nut drivers, ratchets, volt meters, wrenches, Allen, star sets, jig saws, and other diagnostic tools required for repair.
- Perform all reel tests, all hopper tests; all monitor tests, all coin comparator tests, and any other tests related to the slot machines.
- Must know all models, and manufacturers, along with their working parts.
- Plan sequence of testing and calibration procedures for all bill acceptors, all monitors, and all system equipment.
- Install all harnesses, reel strips, reel baskets, Boards, I/O boards, all new software upgrades, and all system equipment in the event of all major moves.
- Move machines on a routine basis and set up standards for procedures.
- Disassemble instruments and equipment and inspect components for defects.
- Measure parts for conformity with specifications.
- Align, repair, and replace component parts and circuitry.
- Reassemble and calibrate instruments and equipment.
- Assist engineers in formulating test, calibration, repair, and evaluation plans and procedures to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment.
- Communicate problems and concerns to other Casino employees by chain of command.
- Requisition for equipment, materials and supplies.
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and assist them as required.
- Must understand and be able to apply and explain the Gaming Rules of Spotlight 29 Casino.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with a high degree of stress tolerance during normal and peak periods.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS)
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety and training meetings as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (MUST BE DOCUMENTED):
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree in the hospitality field preferred.
- One year related management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must pass pre-employment physical
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
- The Casino is a gaming facility.
- The Casino is not a smoke-free environment.
- Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout the facility on a 24-hour, 7 – day per week basis.
INDIAN PREFERENCE ACT:
The Twenty Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians has a resolution on file with Human Resources to ensure that Indian Preference will be adhered to in the following order in accordance with IPA:
1. Tribal Members
2. Other Native Americans
3. All other ethnic groups
BE PART OF THE SPOTLIGHT 29 TEAM! WE ARE OFFERING NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS $500!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.