General Staff - Sign On Bonus $500 - Spotlight 29 Casino
General Staff - Sign On Bonus $500
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Aug 23, 2021
Sep 23, 2021
Type of Position:
We are hiring General Staff team members who are team oriented and will perform key and non-key related duties on an on-call part time basis not limited to the following duties according to standard operating procedures, department requirements and training standards for each position assigned.
General Staff assist in the in the success of appropriate staffing levels, qualified full-time employees may also work in secondary key and non-key positions in multiple departments as stated below. In your position you must provide a positive and friendly attitude. Task must be performed in a timely and helpful manner for guest and other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Banquet Server/ Beer Garden Attendant
- Check tables for clean and proper set up.
- Check floors and surrounding area to ensure clean environment.
- Answer questions and receive suggestions regarding food and service.
- Serve courses from kitchen and beverages from service bars.
- Garnish and decorate dishes preparatory to serving as required.
- Monitor and take action to ensure quality of food temperature, presentation and freshness.
- Observe guests to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
- Clear and reset tables at conclusion of each course.
- Performs the load-in and load-out of equipment and supplies.
- Set up showroom by arranging chairs in accordance with seating chart.
- (Additional physical requirement – must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Physical exam required).
Marketing - Usher
- Greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Check tickets and direct guests to their seats.
- Direct guests to facilities such as restrooms and telephones.
- Check out and return cash banks from Cash Cage.
- Properly use digital POS units and handheld units.
- Accept payments and give out proper change.
- Act as a liaison between the entertainment department and the guest, communicating with both to expedite customer requests.
- Inform guests of the advantages and benefits of Club 29 membership.
- Know the casino layout in order to assist customers in locating services such as restrooms, cash cage, table games areas, restaurants, specific slot machines games, etc.
- Know the events occurring at the casino and Coachella Crossroads; including but not limited to, the featured bands in the showroom, lounge, table games events, slot events, etc., and advise guests accordingly.
- Sell tickets for entertainment acts in the Spotlight Showroom.
- Distribute and account for parking passes.
- Maintain and account for inventory as needed.
- Ability to perform under limited supervision and work overtime based on the needs of the facility.
Coachella Crossroads Events Attendant
- Provide general assistance to event coordinators with installation of fencing, outlining of parking spaces, installing signs, placing waste containers, and assembling welcome packets.
- Direct patrons in and out of parking area.
- Assist guest with as required on the Coachella Crossroads.
- Act as liaison for guests and casino.
All above positions
- Must be capable of presenting a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time within the department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Agreements
- Must have a California driver’s license or valid I.D.
- Must be able to pass an initial background investigation and subsequent investigations
- Must qualify for a Twenty-Nine Palms Gaming Commission Badge
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and provide evidence of that eligibility within 72 hours of employment.
- Must possess at all times a current Food Workers Certificate issued by Riverside County (only if they function as a Banquet Server)
BE PART OF THE SPOTLIGHT 29 TEAM! WE ARE OFFERING NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS $500!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.