Entertainment Manager - Sign On Bonus $500 - Spotlight 29 Casino
Entertainment Manager - Sign On Bonus $500
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Dec 16, 2021
Feb 20, 2022
Type of Position:
We are seeking for an experienced, energetic, innovative and motivated Entertainment Manager who will assist the Entertainment Director in duties as necessary. Oversees the operation of the showroom, event production, and all casino entertainment related technology. Manages show advancing including planning with booking agent, artist management, artist, and agency management once acts are confirmed. Manages venue staffing, rental equipment, inventory, purchases, and projects. Operates and designs shows and ensures all equipment is properly maintained and repaired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period.”
- Manage the Showroom.
- Assist at all Tribal event operations including schedules, outside services, site services and maintenance.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of all equipment (lighting, electrical, audio, video, comm, rigging, software, etc.) in use in the showroom or brought into the showroom by visiting artists and be able to advise on proper application.
- Ability to read and interpret artist and vendor contracts to ensure requirements are met for the venue and contracted party.
- Ability to read and interpret national riders to specify all needs for both the artist and the venue.
- Ensure all internal casino check requests, catering, orders, work orders, etc. are submitted correctly and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a professional manner with vendors and artist production staff in the planning of show production, day of show flow, travel logistics, catering, staffing, adjusting stage plots, ordering instruments and equipment as needed.
- Understand touring travel logistics in order to plan and book all lodging and transportation according to artist needs and contract specifications.
- Demonstrate ability to work directly with visiting artists in professional manger to ensure all of their needs are met for the success of their show.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately anticipate even staffing needs in advance.
- Manage usher, backstage attendant, merchandise seller, spot operator, stagehand, camera operator, runner, deckhand, switcher, and day labor hiring from both internal and external sources and ensure time sheets are submitted in a timely manner.
- Oversee on-call stagehands in the performance of tasks on show days.
- Demonstrate expert level skill in programming and operation of in-house and rented lighting consoles both digital and analog as well as all outboard gear required.
- Demonstrate ability to design, program, and operate a visually pleasing light show appropriate to the event and artist specifications while maintain customer comfort.
- Demonstrate ability to call show cues to spotlight operators, video switchers, camera operators, deckhands, audio engineers, and any other show personnel.
- Plan, design, and execute physical stage setups (scenery, layouts, backdrops, props, etc.)
- Plan and patch all dimmers per show to maintain a proper balanced electrical load.
- Plan, hang, focus, and gel all conventional lighting per show.
- Ensure the safe hookup of all 3-phase high voltage electrical distribution systems.
- Advise on power requirements and distribution for all equipment.
- Ensure the safe operation of all overhead chain motors.
- Assist visiting lighting designers in the use of house equipment and the integration of guest equipment.
- Oversee and maintain casino audio/video matrix system. Maintain power volume levels, adjust channels as needed and perform routine repairs as necessary.
- Maintain and over equipment in the Medjool, Hotspot and Groove Lounge, as well as all portable setups.
- Maintain current knowledge of live event equipment trends in order to provide advisement on rental and purchased equipment.
- Ensure at all times all expendables necessary for showroom operation are ordered and stocked.
- Research and advice on technical and entertainment related casino projects.
- Demonstrate proficient use all software required to perform job functions (Word suite, Excel, various CAD programs, Vector works, PowerPoint, various audio/video editing programs, etc.) as well as wired and wireless networking and routing as applicable.
- Create and modify all room diagrams, stage and lighting plots, rigging programs, seating charts, etc. as required by internal staff and outside vendors/artists.
- Assist in the load-in and load-outs of equipment, set up and preparation of stage for all events.
- Responsible for proper operation, maintenance, and control of stage machinery, electrics, and properties.
- Repair as necessary all robotic lighting, electrical equipment, etc.
- Ensure all show documentation is properly consolidated for hard archive in showroom and digitized for tribal archive.
- Maintain awareness of all casino entertainment presentations (UFC, Boxing, Football, Soccer, etc.) in order to present scheduling and ensure any channel routing, audio/video needs are set up.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards. (TICS)
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must pass pre-employment physical
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
- Must speak a second language. Will be requested to translate when needed.
BE PART OF THE SPOTLIGHT 29 TEAM! WE ARE OFFERING NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS $500!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume and cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision, educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.