Engineer III - Sign on Bonus $500! - Spotlight 29 Casino
Engineer III - Sign on Bonus $500!
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Jul 15, 2021
Feb 13, 2022
Type of Position:
We are seeking a qualified & practical Maintenance Engineer III, who will be responsible for general maintenance of all Tribal entities’ indoor and outdoor premises. Works with all departments on an as-needed basis. Also works along with all Engineering personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for timely repairs, installation, and preventive maintenance of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, boilers, chillers and any other pieces of equipment that would need service.
- Responsible for reading meters, gauges and other testing instruments accurately and effectively in order to detect and identify problems and the appropriate paths for repairs.
- Responsible for all timely and accurate documentation of all repairs and preventive maintenance reports.
- Perform departmental technical projects which will include, but not limited to, electrical and mechanical equipment repair or other duties as required.
- Landscaping/sprinkler maintenance.
- Perform carpentry repairs.
- Perform plumbing repairs.
- Perform electrical repairs.
- Perform masonry work.
- Requires technical knowledge of the construction and maintenance work involved, and the ability to use cost-estimating methods.
- Must be able to follow safety guidelines and work closely with Safety coordinator to make sure all OSHA safety guidelines are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS)
- Present a positive image of the Tribe to its guests, vendors, and employees and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (MUST BE DOCUMENTED):
- High school diploma or equivalent or 2-4 years related experience and / or training.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must pass pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
- Must be able to read and interpret instructions and instruction manuals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Some enterprises are open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all hours.
- Some enterprises are gaming facilities.
- Some enterprises are not a smoke-free environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing this job the employee is exposed to work in extreme weather conditions from extreme heat and cold weather.
- Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout the facility on 24-hour, 7 – day per week basis.
INDIAN PREFERENCE ACT:
The Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians has a resolution on file with Human Resources to ensure that Indian Preference will be adhered to in the following order in accordance with IPA:
1. Tribal Members
2. Other Native Americans
3. All other ethnic groups
BE PART OF THE SPOTLIGHT 29 TEAM! WE ARE OFFERING NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS $500!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.