Banker - Sandia Resort & Casino
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Aug 19, 2021
Jan 08, 2022
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Exchanges chips, coins, currency, tickets, and coupons with other Bankers and verifies settlements with Cage Cashiers. Verifies and prepares currency and coin for the Ticket Redemption Kiosks and Cash Dispensers. Verifies the Check cashing and cash advance settlements from the Cage Cashiers. Oversees the activity of their assigned Cage or Vault.
Supervised by the Cage/Vault Manager, Cage/Vault Lead, and the Cage/Vault Supervisor.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring strict adherence to Sandia Casino and Cage/Vault Department policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Ensuring excellent customer service.
- Maintaining necessary records and adhering to Title 31 and W2-G reporting procedures.
- Counting, verifying and signing for banks issued and/or assigned.
- Create a customer profile to determine check cashing limits and issue VIP cards.
- Verifies and records the Cashier’s settlements that include customer E-checks and paper checks, credit and/or debit card cash advances.
- Verifies and records all incoming and disbursements of Jackpot Safekeeping.
- Operates Self- Service Coin Redemption Machine and coin counters.
- Performs the daily drops and maintains the Coin redemption machine.
- Verifies and maintains the inventory of Promotional Chips.
- Ensuring proper customer transactions, including cash/chip exchange and conversion.
- Opening and closing the cages and vault as necessary.
- Maintaining adequate cash on hand while determining proper cash flows.
- Sells Safe Deposit Boxes and logs customer’s usage.
- Verifies and records all cash sales from retail outlets.
- Prepares daily bank deposits for the Casino.
- Prepares daily tip deposits for Casino, F&B, Resort and Hotel Employees.
- Sells and redeems Gift Certificates.
- Sells and records Tournament entries.
- Records Slot Jackpot payouts.
- Approves reprints of VIP Check Cashing cards.
- Maintains adequate wrapped, bagged and racked reserves of currency, coin and chips.
- Verifies large cash, chip and coin transfers on a daily basis.
- Forwards all paperwork for the assigned shift to the Revenue Audit Department.
- Ensures the proper flow of casino assets to each department as required.
- Oversees the activity of assigned Cage Cashiers.
- Verifies and safeguards the assigned Bankroll .
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to deal effectively with the general public and casino staff.
- Ability to use cage equipment: 10 Key calculator, money sorters and counters.
- Ability to receive and verify large amounts of currency, coin and chips.
- Ability to complete moderately complex arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to pass cashier’s test.
- Ability to work odd and unusual hours, including weekends and overtime.
- Ability to work under high pressure and stress conditions.
- Ability to exhibit a strong motivational commitment to the organization
- Ability to speak accurately and clearly in public.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Knowledge of basic accounting methods, policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED Certification.
- One (1) year casino cage cashiering experience preferred.
- Two (2) years cashiering experience required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a STGC Gaming License at the Key employee level.
Salary: $14.32 – $17.90/hr
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Sandia Resort and Casino
30 Rainbow Road NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Phone: (800) 526-9366
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
In 2021, Sandia Resort and Casino in Albuquerque, New Mexico, expanded its high limit gaming area; added a new Governor's Room, and a state-of-the-art sports bar with Class II gaming and a full menu. It features numerous big-screen TVs and an outside wrap-around deck with views of the Sandia Mountains and the city. The newly constructed entertainment space is about 50,000 square feet.
Sandia also added the Bien Shur Rooftop Restaurant & Lounge and renovated the hotel.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!