Revenue Audit Manager - Spotlight 29 Casino
63284 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Revenue Audit Manager
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Dec 01, 2022
Jan 01, 2023
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
We are seeking an experienced Revenue Audit Manager to join our growing organization. In this position, the Revenue Audit Manager will direct activities of workers in the Finance department and responsible for the Cage Audit, Count Room Audit, Slot Audit, Table Games/Poker Audit, Marketing/Players Club Audits and Title 31 Audit by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors and/or team members. In addition, the Revenue Audit Manager is also required to assist the Director of Accounting and Chief Financial Officer with monitoring of the approved minimum internal control standards (MICS), tribal internal control standards (TICS) and Title 31 Regulatory reporting to ensure adherence to the established policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement to be the premier entertainment experience in the Coachella Valley.
- Ensure that all revenue earned by the Casino is properly calculated and recorded and sufficient documentation is prepared to support the recorded amounts.
- Establish policies and maintains controls of these areas, insuring that all records are in compliance with Company’s MICS and TICS, and in a manner consistent with acceptable accounting and established company practices.
- Responsible for preparation and account analysis of significant variations to explain and identify trends in all gaming revenue and player reinvestment expense accounts.
- Assist Director of Accounting in the development and implementation of goals, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management.
- Review exception reports for propriety of transactions and unusual occurrences; reports exceptions to the Director of Accounting and Chief Financial Officer.
- Maintain audit documents in a manner that allows future access and easy retrieval.
- Handle all reporting under Title 31 regulations; ensures that all CTRC’s are filed accurately and timely, and works with Chief Financial Officer on all SARC reporting issues. Reports any exceptions to Title 31 Reporting directly to Chief Financial Officer.
- Assist the Director of Accounting and Chief Financial Officer with the monitoring of the MICS for all functions to ensure company-wide compliance; prepares and distributes Audit Exception Reports for non-compliance as required.
- Establish system controls for new gaming accounting and tracking systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Keep up to date with new MICS policies for all functions, and reviews audit plans and checklists within Revenue Audit to determine that current tasks and procedures are adequate to maintain control.
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its applicants, guests and vendors and assists them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as condition of employment.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Manages a total of 5 to 7 employees in the Revenue Audit Department; responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Education and Experience
- Must possess High School diploma; Accounting degree a plus
- Previous Casino Audit and Supervisory experience required; prior experience as Revenue Audit Supervisor a plus
Certification, License and Additional Requirements
- Must pass pre-employment physical
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume and cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor, you may use the guest elevators next to Taproom 29. Please bring a photo ID in case we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians.
As one of the larger employers in the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision, educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, and banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.