Contract Administrator - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Aug 21, 2021
Nov 19, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Director of Procurement-Contracts, the Contract Administrator is responsible for negotiating, drafting, finalizing and maintaining contracts relating to vendor and consultant relationships using pre-approved Legal Department language or other language based on current guidance from a Legal Department lawyer or approved outside counsel; assisting all Casino Departments in managing and implementing contracts/agreements; and imputing all Casino Department contract requests into the contract management program and uploading all subsequent documents.
- Ensures contracts reflect negotiated business terms while conforming to legal requirements and other company policies. Makes recommendations for meeting the vendor's and Company's needs while adhering to Casino and legal policies.
- Seeks and provides risk analysis input on business and contractual issues, as appropriate while working with legal department staff and Risk Management department to ensure Casino does not incur unintended or inappropriate risks or liability. Assists in providing strategic input and support to all Casino Departments as requested to achieve contract language that meets business objectives while conforming to legal requirements and maximizing preservation of company assets.
- Obtains necessary approvals from applicable departments for proposed deviations in contract terms and conditions from standard policies, and prepares appropriate documentation of any such approvals.
- Serves as a resource for department managers on interpretative and negotiation issues
for vendor and consultant contracts.
- Monitors draft contracts for potential liability issues and escalates any potential issues to Executive Directors and/or General Manager as appropriate. Assists with providing contract review and negotiation training to department managers and staff.
- Achieves success in negotiations under difficult time frames and stressful situations.
- Provides status reports within the General Administration department as well as to internal departments as needed.
- Initiates and inputs all new requests for contracts from all Casino departments into the on-line contract management program. Prepares new contracts, letter agreements and/or similar agreements that appropriately document business arrangements for vendors who do not submit company contracts or agreements. Ensures a smooth contract flow from contract initiation through execution.
- Assists in developing, and thereafter implementing and managing the contract tracking database, to include ensuring the General Administration department receives a fully executed contract for archives. Assists in development and implementation of procedures relative to contract negotiation, preparation and tracking from internal department.
- Oversees the maintenance of a reliable, up to date contract archive, including hard copy files and online database.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department
- Associate?s degree required. Bachelor?s degree preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years contract drafting and negotiation experience.
- Minimum two (2) years general business experience including purchase orders and contracts.
- Intermediate experience in and analysis of legal contracting issues is necessary.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Adobe PDF.
- Excellent organizational skills with strict attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities and adjust to them when new issues arise while working under critical deadlines.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver?s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the San Manuel?s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!