Player Services Shift Manager (Casino Cage - Grave Shift) - ilani Casino Resort
63170 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Player Services Shift Manager (Casino Cage - Grave Shift)
ilani Casino Resort
Ridgefield, Washington 98642
Jul 11, 2021
Jul 30, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Player Services Shift Manager is responsible for the oversight of the Cashiering and Players Services department for a shift. Responsibilities include safeguarding of company assets involving large amounts of cash and cash value items, ensuring the security of cash kiosks, key controls, and secured areas within the Cage.
The position also participates in interviewing, hiring, training, and coaching of Players Services Cage employees. Accuracy of data, adherence to regulatory requirements, internal controls are a must. Responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction at a high level in accordance with Core Values.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes superior guest service.
- Enforces regulatory and accounting controls to safeguard company assets.
- Supervises, trains, coaches, and evaluates subordinate positions either directly or through supervisors.
- Handles customer service and employee related problems with composure and professionalism.
- Ensures Title 31 procedures are followed by all departmental employees during the shift.
- Monitors business demands and department volumes and adjusts staffing as needed during the shift while maintaining levels to ensure customer service and adherence to control procedures.
- Supports the Marketing departments to execute promotions in line with Marketing strategy.
- Assists in ensuring Players Services Cashiers and Supervisors are properly trained for each promotion and promotional offer to answer questions knowledgeably and apply offers correctly.
- Ensures that procedures in place and adhered to for proper accounting of all Cage cash, chips, vouchers, and other items of value for assigned shifts.
- Follows procedures are in place for proper maintenance of ATM’s, cash kiosks, jackpot kiosks and other cash dispensing systems which the Players Services Cage is responsible for.
- Causes cash kiosks to be properly filled, dropped, and balanced as assigned during the shift.
- Executes daily cash buy from Count Room and proper preparation of daily deposits as needed.
- Prepares jackpots and tax withholding paperwork for Slot Operations and Table Games.
- Assists Marketing with paperwork for promotional winnings and awards.
- Follows department policies and procedures in accordance with corporate policies and regulatory guidelines and assists in communication and training of same for subordinates.
- Must maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential information both Customer and Company data.
- Strives to maintain high team member morale by establishing a climate based upon trust, respect, and teamwork.
- Defines, maintains, and perpetuates a positive organizational culture according to the principles of the Spirit of Tâlícn and Core Values.
- Provides strong leadership to the property by executing programs for team members which foster positive attitudes toward company goals.
- Evaluates all areas of responsibility for continuous improvement opportunities and develops plans to implement process improvements.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of all assigned areas.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Player Services Cashier Manager
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma / GED; Recognized Equivalent of a High School Diploma (RED) or Foreign High School Diploma (FHD).
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a Casino Cage in a supervisory capacity in a high volume, casino, and entertainment operation.
- Experience managing a large shift of employees for a 24/7 department.
- Experience in a gaming and hospitality environment required with a focus on superior guest service.
- Thorough knowledge of Title 31 regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be willing to work in a smoking environment when on the casino floor.
- Must be willing to adhere to company health and safety measures (wear a face mask, other appropriate PPE, social distance).
Pledge for Success
We are dedicated in hiring outstanding individuals who share in our commitment and passion in serving our guests. Ambition, dedication, attention to detail, and a warm smile are all winning characteristics that lead to the spirit of who we are.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Ilani Casino Resort
1 Cowlitz Way
Ridgefield, WA 98642
ilani Casino Resort, developed by the Cowlitz Tribe and Salishan-Mohegan, a partnership that includes Mohegan Sun, is the West Coast’s premier gaming, dining, entertainment and meeting destination.
With nearly 400,000 total square feet, ilani includes 100,000 square feet of gaming space with 2,500 slots and 75 gaming tables; 15 different restaurants, bars and retail outlets; and a 2,500-seat meeting and entertainment venue hosting nationally recognized performances.