Data Visualization Architect - Wind Creek Hospitality
Data Visualization Architect
Wind Creek Hospitality
Atmore, Alabama 36502
Oct 06, 2021
Nov 06, 2021
Type of Position:
We are looking for a strong analytics and visualization professional to join our team. The Data Visualization Architect will be responsible for building comprehensive and complex data visualizations, as well as managing and maintaining the data stacks used to support these visualizations.
The ideal candidate will be able to traverse a traditional BI Stack to extract, simplify, and provide key reporting that will allow as ease of communication to both the executive staff as well as individual contributors. Because the position requires extensive interaction with other groups, you must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills while maintaining a positive can-do attitude. Most of the platform data is related to BI & Insights, the person should have experience in handling the BI platforms with good knowledge in ETL and BI tools.
Our genuine engagement and positive energy provide guests an escape from their routine into our exciting fantasy world of fun, chance, and possibility, where everyone feels a sense of belonging and importance.
Our enthusiastic commitment to our purpose inspires and empowers us to do everything right, have fun, and be the best. We will be recognized fairly, elevating our levels of personal accountability, and focus on our customer. The resulting creation of wealth will grow opportunities for all.
Duties and Responsibilities
Expertise in Data Visualization
- Provide self-service capabilities, interact with the data instead of reading dozens of static tables with different cuts.
- Present findings and dynamically change the data, reveal insights and dive from top level learnings to very deep detail.
- Focus on translating data into information – insight that helps business growth and success.
- Giving context and trying to couple the current discussion to something the audience already knows, ensuring the story is well structured and connected.
- Guide the audience to focus first on the most relevant messages, diving deeper only when necessary.
- Focus on what is important and relevant, versus being obsessed in telling every fact.
Ability to Synthetize and Simplify
- Combing through data points and netting out 3-4 key issues and then communicating these to a group of execs
- Make it simple but not simplistic, you get to the few core insights.
- Gather all the relevant information before categorizing, prioritizing and deciding if it is significant.
- Sniff things out quickly, at the same time, there is the danger of missing anomalies when you jump to conclusions based only on a summary look.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required or currently enrolled and successfully complete a GED program within 6 months from start date as a condition of continued employment
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in computer science, mathematics, equivalent degree or equivalent track record as a Data Architect, Data Visualization Expert, or equivalent analytics role for an enterprise industry– required
- Expert with Power BI, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and SQL – required
- Four (4) years of business intelligence (BI) and/or Data Modeling related work experience- required
- Three (3) years of experience developing a combination of complex ETLs, SSAS tabular models with large and complex datasets, and the creation and management of large set data modeling- required
- Experience developing with .NET 2.0/3.5/4.0/4.5 Framework, including Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ASMX, ADO.NET, VBScript, and ADO – preferred
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking skills, and communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple projects and priorities and reprioritize as necessary to align with business objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts
- Willing to work odd and irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required
- Must have a valid and current State Driver’s License and an insurable driving record for purposes of driving company vehicles as required
- Must have a Tribal Gaming License (or the ability to obtain and maintain a license) as a requirement for this position
- Must have willingness and ability to work in a smoke/secondary smoke environment
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Employment Application, is must also be completed. If the Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume.
Wind Creek Hospitality
5825 Highway 21
Atmore, AL 36502
Wind Creek Hospitality (formerly PCI Gaming), is the principal gaming and hospitality entity for the Poarch Band of Creek Indians. Its portfolio includes nine properties located throughout the United States and the Caribbean.
The three gaming properties in Alabama - Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Creek Casino Montgomery, and Wind Creek Casino-Wetumpka operate over 6,400 Class II electronic games. Additionally, the corporation oversees a casino-hotel in Pennsylvania, two casino-hotels in the Caribbean, one racino in NV, two greyhound racetracks – one if FL and one in AL, as well as a Poker Room in FL.
Wind Creek Casino & Hotel in Atmore, AL, is a 225,000 square-foot facility with 57,000 square feet of gaming floor and over 1,700 electronic gaming machines. The 160,000 square- foot, 17-story, 236-room hotel offers myriad resort amenities including 24-hour room service. The facility offers a signature steakhouse, full-service buffet action station and a coffee bar.
Wind Creek Casino Wetumpka located in AL, features 85,000 square feet of casino space with more than 2,500 electronic games. A centerpiece of the new casino is a 16,000-gallon shark tank. The property offers an array of dining options, which include an extensive buffet, a fine dining steakhouse, a 24-hour café-style venue as well as a coffee shop. The new 20-story hotel offers 283 rooms and a pool.
Wind Creek Casino & Hotel Montgomery located in AL, features 2,200 games and a High-Limit Room. Gaming, casual dining and ample free parking make it the perfect entertainment destination. Guests can dine at the Q Smokehouse, What to Fry, BB King Blues Club and The Wing Joint.
Wind Creek Bethlehem (formerly Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem) is a casino hotel located in Bethlehem, PA, in the Lehigh Valley region of eastern Pennsylvania. The casino features over 3,000 slot machines, video poker and electronic table games and over 200 live table games including Blackjack, Texas Hold’em Bonus and a 26-table Poker Room. The hotel has 300 beautifully appointed hotel rooms. Guests enjoy entertainment in the Molten Lounge, Vision Nightclub, Coil and the Wind Creek Event Center. Dining venues include Emeril’s Chop House, Emeril’s Fish House, Buddy V’s Ristorante, Chopstick, Steelworks Buffet and Grill.
The Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino features luxuriously-styled rooms situated near the beautiful waters in the Caribbean, world-class dining and shopping, the Okeanos Spa, a private Island retreat, and two Wind Creek Casinos (Seaport and Crystal) that offer slot machines, blackjack, roulette and poker.
The Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino is located in the historic Dutch Caribbean city of Willemstad. The hotel offers rooms designed with Caribbean flavor and European sophistication, along with a variety of boutiques, cafés, bars and restaurants, and an infinity beach club and spa. Carnaval Casino provides slot machines and table games such as blackjack, roulette, Caribbean stud poker, and 3-card poker.
Wa She Shu Casino located in Gardnerville, NV, offers over 130 slot machines and a dining venue which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The Creek Entertainment in Gretna, FL, is a poker room featuring classic card games such as Texas Hold’em, Omaha High-Low, Seven Card Stud High, Pai Gow Poker and Three Card Poker, as well as daily simulcast dog and horse racing.
The Pensacola Greyhound Track and Poker Room in FL, offers live greyhound racing and simulcast racing daily, as well as poker games such as Texas Hold 'em, Seven Card Stud and Omaha.
The Mobile Greyhound Park in Theodore, AL, offers daily simulcast racing, and food venues which include Casey’s Cafe, the Port of Call restaurant and Clubhouse diner.
Grow Your Career with Wind Creek Hospitality! We offer exciting jobs where you can come to work, have fun & entertain our guests while providing outstanding customer service. After all, energy, excitement, and entertainment are what we are all about!
- UMR Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- VSP Vision Benefits
- 401k Savings Plans
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Quarterly Incentive Bonuses
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Dining Rooms
- Employee Fitness Centers with on-staff Trainers*
- Career Training & Planning