Right Of Way Specialist (9039) - Agua Caliente Casinos
Right Of Way Specialist (9039)
Agua Caliente Casinos
Palm Springs, California 92262
Jun 09, 2021
Aug 26, 2021
Type of Position:
Community & Government Relations
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the supervision of Trust Services Management, the Right-of-Way Specialist will process and review a variety of right-of-way applications affecting Tribal and individually allotted trust lands. The Specialist will meet with (and provide guidance to) applicants, primary stakeholders, and landowners to facilitate completion of an application that complies with applicable federal regulations and Tribal law. The Specialist will perform extensive research and analysis to determine how existing leases, encumbrances or easements approved by the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) may affect the viability of the proposed right-of-way. Upon receipt of the completed application, the Specialist will perform a final review and analysis, prepare the right-of-way grant in accordance with applicable regulations, and submit the proposed grant to the BIA for approval. As part of the underlying responsibilities, the Specialist will ensure that related information is entered into, updated and maintained in the department’s electronic and hard copy files and the federal database.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Provide guidance and assistance to applicants about the right-of-way process and its requirements including how to obtain permission to survey and appraise, sufficiency of legal descriptions, environmental assessments, and how to request landowner consent.
- Review right-of-way applications for compliance with 25 CFR Part 169.
- Perform research and analysis as to ownership, existing leases, encumbrances, and other data related to the trust land affected by each proposed right-of-way.
- Interpret maps of definite location, plats, surveys, aliquot parts, and metes and bounds descriptions.
- Submit legal descriptions for federal review and follow-up if any corrections are necessary.
- Assist ACBCI and Indian landowners with questions about pending applications.
- Encode right-of-way applications, approvals, and modifications into the Bureau of Indian Affairs system of record (TAAMS) and other applicable databases.
- Submit approved rights-of-ways to the Land Titles and Records Office for recordation.
- Process transactions within applicable federal time frames under 25 CFR Part 169.
- Prepare and maintain weekly status reports of all received and pending applications.
- Maintain current files and records including correspondence, technical documents, data reports, and policy memoranda; establish new files as necessary and appropriate.
- Complete administrative processes related to right-of-way applications as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining trust records in accordance with Federal Standards.
- Maintain Current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Required Experience: A minimum of two years working with rights-of-way.
- Education Requirement: A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study.
- Education requirement may be satisfied with a two-year Associates Degree in a related field of study and a minimum of five-year’s experience working with rights-of-way.
- Desired: Experience handling a variety of easements and permits including, but not limited to grants for electrical, road or flowage purposes. Proven experience at maintaining positive client relationships and addressing client concerns.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- General knowledge of laws, regulations or Federal policies affecting Indian trust lands.
- Knowledge and ability to research, analyze and summarize records from a variety of sources.
- Experience analyzing historical transactions, chain of title, encumbrances, leases, etc.
- Experience reading and interpreting maps of definite location, plats, surveys, aliquot parts, metes and bounds descriptions.
- Familiarity with a Geographic Information System (GIS), i.e., ArcGIS.
- Strong English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation skills required.
- Excellent organizational ability.
- Strong working knowledge of contracts and contract language.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Working knowledge of Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) TAAMS, a plus.
- Working knowledge of BIA policies and practices in the management of Indian Trust lands.
- Knowledge and ability to research analyze and summarize records from various sources.
- Experience in handling and keeping confidential and sensitive information.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical principals.
- Knowledge of basic filing methods.
- Ability to meet schedules and time lines.
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver license.
- Must comply with applicable training and security requirements.
Salary: $27.00 Hourly
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Agua Caliente Casinos
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs • Cathedral City, CA
Agua Caliente Casinos are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Agua Caliente Cathedral City gaming floor has 536 slot machines and 8 table games. The casino features several food and beverage venues, 360 Sports Cathedral City, Café One Eleven, and the classic coffee-house, Java Caliente which is open 24 hours a day.
The Agave Caliente Tequila Bar, which is attached to the 12,000-square-foot outdoor entertainment pavilion known as Agua Caliente Pavilion, overlooks the mountainous desert landscape. The Pavilion will host reoccurring live entertainment and events, and can be reserved year-round for private parties, weddings, charitable functions, etc.