Director of Disbursements - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Director of Disbursements
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
May 28, 2021
Nov 19, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Reporting to the Controller of Finance, the Director of Disbursements leads all activities for optimizing Accounts Payable through the ownership of the disbursement process in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Director of Disbursements also develops, implements, and administers the vision, strategy, and goals of the department. This position proactively works with enterprise-wide stakeholders as a strategic partner between Accounts Payable and operations. This position must use independent judgement and initiative in the planning, organization, assignment and reporting of work. This strategic leader understands business drivers for success and knows how to leverage leading practices to ensure Accounts Payable (AP) is acting as a fiduciary trustee for the Tribe.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Partners with San Manuel?s enterprise leaders on sensitive or urgent initiatives, leveraging accounts payable best practices and strategies to ensure effective implementation and execution. Directs the coordination of cross-functional initiatives. Ensures the initiatives and related activities are successfully executed.
2. Ensures that Procure to Pay (P2P) processes are consistently applied across the enterprise and manages governance to ensure compliance, understanding and remediate gaps. Works closely with General Ledger, Procurement, Project Controls (Construction) and other departments, as required.
3. Collaborates proactively with Accounts Payable, Procurement and the Information Technology department to optimize accounting technology through system upgrades and other proven automation practices to build efficiencies and stay ahead of the latest technological trends.
4. Directs a diverse team to meet deliverables timely and fosters a customer centric culture focused on identifying and supporting issues, leadership efforts, strategic initiatives, and development projects in concert with internal leaders and stakeholders.
5. Directs the day-to-day management of process and programs to ensure resources are used effectively and efficiently. Serve as a subject-matter-expert and provide counsel for projects while developing, implementing, updating and enforcing Policies and Procedures.
6. Directs Accounts Payable operations, processes and strategies as a shared services operation, meeting all deadlines and related responsibilities in support of the enterprise and the strategic vision of leadership while ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of payments.
7. Responsible for the development and implementation of cross-functional strategies that enhance the value and reputation of Accounts Payable and drives enterprise priorities.
8. Ensures compliance with State and Federal reporting for independent contractors and forms 590, 945, 1042 and 1099, develops the Accounts Payable budget, coordinates with Treasury on cash flow management, and coordinates/collaborates with Gaming Commission and external auditors.
9. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization?s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Makes hiring decisions and designs individual development plans with succession planning in mind for all key roles.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from a four-year college or university is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in demonstrated progressive responsible accounting leadership roles. Casino accounting experience is preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Must have a demonstrated experience with accounting software and a comprehensive understanding of GAAP.
- Experience working in the following: casino, hospitality, construction and tribal government is preferred.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of the rules and regulations surrounding disbursement activity as it relates to reporting requirements.
- Must have the ability to exercise the utmost discretion with confidential information including, but not limited to credit card information and personal/financial data from guests and vendors.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver?s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company?s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!