Director of Finance - Chicken Ranch Casino
62706 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Director of Finance
Chicken Ranch Casino
Jamestown, California 95327
Sep 16, 2021
Oct 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Be a part of our Team! Brand New Resort coming 2023!! Follow our website for updates and live cam: https://chickenranchcasino.com/the-new-chicken-ranch-casino
The Director of Finance will report directly to the General Manager and is responsible for the financial reporting process of the Chicken Ranch Casino. Creates / directs the fiscal policies and enforces the casino’s internal controls, standard operating procedures relevant to departments that s/he oversees. Creates/implements range of statistical data for financial reporting. The Director of Finance will oversee and guide the Accounting, Cage and Drop/Count Departments, periodically reporting to management regarding current revenues and plans for growth while simultaneously serving as management’s advisor for insurance coverage and contracts. Responsible for establishing appropriate policies, procedures and controls of the Company to be consistent with General Accepted Accounting Principles.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Direct the financial strategy of the Casino while managing financial control and procedures.
- Provide transparency over financial performance and advise on potential for increasing margins.
- Identify and communicate potential financial risks.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and/or reports required by regulatory agencies in a timely manner.
- Establishes a system of troubleshooting financial problems to ensure cost effectiveness throughout the property
- Manage the activities of the Revenue Audit Department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of daily revenue audits and the recording of the daily revenue to the general ledger.
- Manage the activities of the Accounts Payable and Purchasing Departments, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Manage the activities of the Accounts Receivable Department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.
- Manage activities of the Payroll Department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of the employee payroll and the maintenance of employee payroll records.
- Manage the activities of the Cage and Drop/Count Departments, ensuring the accurate accounting of funds of the Casino and timely reporting of transactions.
- Maintains good working relationships with the Gaming Commission, the Federal and State Tax Commissions
- Performs other assigned tasks and duties as required
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Experience, Qualifications and Education
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 5 to 10 years in all aspects of accounting and finance in the casino gaming and hospitality industry with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Preferred current and active CPA license and/or a Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be able to effectively set and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and implement instructions, policies and regulations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain gaming license. (Required)
- Experience in business and management principles involving strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership and coordination of people and resources.
- Background in economic, finance and accounting principles and practices with the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Proficiency in general ledger, revenue audit, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash management and banking, risk management, ERP systems, POS systems, casino gaming systems, MS Office and other systems that maybe implemented in the future.
Long periods of sitting, standing and/or walking.
Employees are required to meet the following physical demands as essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
Exerting 20-50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull to move objects. Climbing to move objects may be required at times. Exerting over 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull to move objects.
- Monday to Friday
- CPA (Preferred)
To the extent permitted by law, all Employers and all persons, organizations and entities doing business on the Reservation and any land owned by the Tribe regardless of whether the land is owned by the United States of America in trust for the Tribe (collectively the “Tribe’s Lands”), shall extend a preference in hiring according to the following priorities:
- Enrolled members of the Tribe;
- Indian spouses of enrolled members of the Tribe and, to the extent that a contract does not involve the expenditure of any federal or state funds, all spouses of enrolled members of the Tribe, both Indians and non-Indians;
- Members of the federally recognized Indian tribes;
- The above persons listed in A through C above shall hereinafter be referred to collectively as the “preference persons.”
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other duties, as may be required by management.
Very Competitive Salary
Relocation Package Available
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Day Care
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume and place it in the Applicant Tracking Report. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume.
Chicken Ranch Casino
16929 Chicken Ranch Road
Jamestown, CA 95327-1699
Chicken Ranch Casino is owned and operated by the Jamestown Band of Me-Wuk Indians. Originally founded as a Bingo Hall, we've expanded to house over 600 of the latest gaming machines, 9 table games, our Ranch House Restaurant and coffee bar The Roost.
Chicken Ranch Casino offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit package, and ample opportunities to grow.