Custodian, Tribal Government Operations - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Custodian, Tribal Government Operations
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
May 13, 2022
Aug 04, 2022
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Tribal Custodian Lead, the Custodian will work in a team environment to accomplish daily and weekly duties with the goal of maintaining the general appearance and cleanliness of the facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Cleans and sanitizes rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, Saunas, Gymnasium, Pavilions, Parks and other applicable work areas.
2. Uses best practices cleaning techniques to complete daily, weekly, and long-term duties. Cleans up accidents in a timely manner.
3. Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays. Removes and replaces trash liners. Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
4. Notifies Public Works Facilities Supervisor of conditions requiring maintenance.
5. Responsible for setup and breakdown of special events including tables, chairs, canopy’s, decorations etc.
6. Responsible for the Cleanliness of all rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
7. Responsible for dusting furniture and equipment. Polishes metalwork and woodwork.
8. Responsible for cleaning and maintaining all flooring by sweeping, moping, waxing, shampooing, buffing, etc.
9. Responsible for cleaning windows, door panels, and sills.
10.Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) required. Three months related experience and/or training required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and produce manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers and employees of organization.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio and percentage.
- Must be able to show good judgment skills in all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Must be able to undergo and successfully pass pre-employment background check.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions - Environment
The physical demands and working environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds below or at waist, level and occasionally lift and/or move object up to 50 pounds below and at waist level with assistance.
- This position requires climbing; crouching; kneeling; bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting and repetitive motion; and ability to maintain balance while climbing in and out of equipment cabs and while lifting and/or carrying moderately heavy objects.
- Employee occasionally works in high, precarious places.
- Employee will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions such as rain, wind, cold, and hot climates.
- Employee must have the stamina to work long hours and overtime, if assigned, and must be willing to work an irregular schedule, which may include weekends, holidays, evenings, and/or varying shifts.
- Endurance sufficient to sit, walk and stand for extended periods, and maintain efficiency throughout the entire work shift and during extended work hours.
- The noise level for this position ranges from moderate to loud.
- The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles including secondhand smoke.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!