Lead Server Fresh Grill Buffet - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Lead Server Fresh Grill Buffet
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
May 18, 2021
Jan 08, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Fresh Grill Buffet servers are expected to deliver truly great service, and to create a warm and friendly atmosphere for our guests. Fresh Grill Buffet servers should be knowledgeable and familiar with all menu items, food preparations, ingredients and be able to describe the buffet lay out in detail while high lighting any special offerings of the day. Fresh Grill Buffet employees must work well as a team, maintain confidentiality and adhere to company policies and gaming regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to restaurant guests, restaurant staff and culinary production team. Greets, and makes welcome, each guest seated in assigned station within 3 minutes of guests being seated.
- Maintains current and accurate information regarding menu (i.e., pronunciation, preparation techniques, seasonings, and ingredients). Suggests items to guests based on expressed guest preference.
- Delivers prepared beverages to the appropriate guest within three minutes of completed production of order.
- The lead server assists the restaurant manager and supervisors with running the floor and maintaining service/resort/casino standards by mentoring and watching over the servers of the outlet.
- Returns to table within three minutes of order delivery to ascertain guest level of satisfaction.
- Resolves service issues according to service standards.
- Itemizes, totals, and presents beverage check for payment to correct customers.
- Thanks customers, invites them back, wishes them luck and makes it easy for them to get back in play.
- Assists bus help, as necessary, in bussing, cleaning and setting tables.
- Wipes counter areas, sinks and bus stations as necessary to maintain a clean and safe work station.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Deep cleans restaurant equipment (tables, chairs, soda and juice dispensers, coffee machines), as scheduled, or required.
- Operates and maintains equipment as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Completes assigned side work as directed.
- Provides personalized service and uses guests’ names whenever possible as well as knows preferences.
- Recognizes Diamond & Emerald players and ensures they receive the appropriate service.
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school diploma, GED or comparable experience
- Previous food server experience in a high volume, sophisticated restaurant preferred
- Read, write, speak and understand English
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Available to work required schedule which may include weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must meet physical appearance standards as prescribed by company policy
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. (Glass racks, coffee urns, bins of flatware, supplies to restock service stations)
- Must be able to lift trays with food (30 lbs.) above shoulder level
- Must be able to pull or push 50 lbs. (Tables and chairs as required to provide appropriate seating arrangements for customers)
- Must be able to reach above and below the shoulder, grip small items (i.e., flatware, plates, cups, glasses), bend, stoop and twist while carrying restaurant stock to and from supply areas; able to reach across tables; able to stand and walk for up to 6 hours; able to use hand motions when cleaning and wiping counters and table tops
- Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment
- Must be able to maintain a neat, professional, well groomed appearance and uphold company appearance/dress standards
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise. Work entails various conditions of noise levels, temperature, illumination, air quality, crowding, balance and handling of sharp and hot objects. Long hours with over time required at times. Work requires knowledge and use of chemicals and electrical equipment.
The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the 12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.