Cook I - Plum - Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento At Fire Mountain
Cook I - Plum
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento At Fire Mountain
Wheatland, California 95692
May 14, 2021
Oct 13, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The incumbent in this position is responsible for properly preparing any and all foods listed on the respective menus that are to be grilled, fried, broiled, baked, boiled, braised, poached in an assigned kitchen outlet, or prepared in the pantry.- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Prepares foods that are to be grilled, fried, broiled, baked, boiled, braised, poached or prepared in the pantry; ensures that all plates or pans served are aesthetically appealing and cooked to the specifications of the customer and the chef.
- Recognizes a variety of sauces and properly places them on all entrees featured on daily menus.
- Keeps work station neat and clean.
- Assists coworkers to ensure efficient operation of the kitchen.
- Ensures cleanliness of working area; reports all equipment for safety failures, hazardous areas and accidents.
- Ensures the proper storing of any foods, including those from a previous function.
- Ensures that items are fully stocked and equipment is in good working condition.
- Ensures the proper closing down of work stations.
- Assists with other duties at special events or parties and assisting where necessary to include but not limited to carving, cooking, set up and or teardown stations or work areas or other duties as assigned.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through a High School Diploma or Equivalent. A culinary apprenticeship, an Associates Degree from a culinary institution or an equivalent with some industry experience is preferred.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain a valid drivers and all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming/Lottery regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
- Basic food preparation knowledge and line work experience.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees and guests.
- Use all equipment associated with the position, including, but not limited to, choppers, slicers, mixers and grinders.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of California.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain
3317 Forty Mile Road
Wheatland, CA 95961
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain located in beautiful Wheatland, CA, features the latest in live music and entertainment, hospitality, world-class gaming and exceptional cuisine.
The property is Hard Rock's first Vegas-style casino in California and offers a hotel with 169 guest rooms,which includes 31 suites, a large gaming facility with more than 1,500 slots and 57 table games, including a room filled with Aristocrat’s Lightning Link games and an exclusive Asian gaming room. Dining options include Council Oak Steaks, Fresh Harvest, Hard Rock Cafe, Sòng, Youyu Noodle Bar, and Constant Grind.
The property includes signature brand amenities like the Sound of Your Stay® in-room music program, a Rock Shop® and a Body Rock® fitness center. Additionally, the project marks a historic partnership between two Native American Tribes – The Seminole Tribe of Florida, owners of Hard Rock International, and Enterprise Rancheria.
Owners of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain property, the Estom Yumeka Maidu Tribe of the Enterprise Rancheria is a sovereign Native American Nation offering diverse tribal government services and programs that improve the quality of life for its some 1,000 tribal citizens and surrounding communities in Northern California.