Systems Control Program Manager, Facilities - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Systems Control Program Manager, Facilities
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
May 13, 2022
Jul 29, 2022
Type of Position:
Under the guidance of the VP Facilities and EVS, the Systems Control Program Manager is responsible for providing high level support to the VP Facilities and EVS and assists in the development and management of operating systems for asset protection and risk mitigation in accordance with all federal, state, and local standards and guidelines, in collaboration with IT, DPS, Surveillance, Risk Management and Casino Compliance. The Systems Control Program Manager will be responsible for the development and management of department related systems, operations control projects, and their alignment with the organizational standards and strategic goals. This role will perform tests and reviews of all critical systems and associated processes to assess their functionality, effectiveness, and adherence to relevant compliance procedures, and follow-up with appropriate risk mitigation and improvements.
The Systems Control Program Manager will have autonomous authority over all supervisors within their division and provide strategic leadership and guidance on initiatives and operational decisions that simultaneously results in year over year improvements compliance audits, reduction of errors within systems, and reduction in fraudulent activity. This position includes implementation of innovative systems and integrations, analyzing current and future procedural needs, and performing internal reviews across supply chain to ensure consistency.
The Systems Control Program Manager will work closely with the department Directors in the day-to-day operations and future planning of the department regarding system controls. This role will require the Systems Control Program Manager to be available 24/7 to ensure business and department needs are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides leadership for design controls, risk management, and decisions on project development activities to ensure compliance with quality goals, procedures, and applicable regulations. Adopt and extend processes, systems, and mechanisms, such as document control, management, and training on metrics, verification and validation. Responsible for driving continual process improvements, using data and analytics to identify opportunities for refinement.
2. Ownership of many phases or sub-tasks of projects of various complexities. Perform as a subject matter expert, communicating, and educating the broader project team on worldwide compliance requirements. Perform and document verifications and make recommendations and execute corrective actions. Prepare and support teams in external audits. Maintain an organized and accurate system of records designed to keep management informed of key performance indicators and deadlines. Conducts independent research on potential areas of interest, high priority, or high impact.
3. Demonstrates sound working knowledge of department regulations, and excellent understanding of the entire project lifecycle management. Authoring procedures, analyzing current and future procedural needs, providing training on system controls’ performing internal reviews across department to ensure consistent implementation.
4. Hold accountability on project schedule to ensure different phases are delivered. Ensure work performed by department staff meets regulatory requirements, industry standards, best practices, or expectations set by the VP relative to evaluating program quality and effectiveness as well as identifying areas for improvement and forecasting future department needs.
5. Ensures SMC assets are protected through the assessment, evaluation, identification and implementation of procedures that may prevent damage to intellectual, financial or property assets.
6. Assists IT technical groups with compliance impact analysis when changes to systems are made. Analyze and interpret audit findings and reports to provide consultation advice to management on how to formally respond and remediate issues discovered. Develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes to assist with the interpretation of user requirements.
7. Manages the procurement, purchasing, and inventorying of supplies needed by the various divisions of the department. Ensure adequate levels of supplies maintained at all times keeping to necessary par levels and seeking cost effective alternatives.
8. Conducts annual review of policies and procedures to determine the impact and effectiveness of internal controls, provide recommendations for enhancements, and/or evaluated proposed program changes.
9. Assists with the execution of organization-wide policies and procedures, compliance training, and safety regulations. Participate and implement in any and all department audit remedies and recommendations.
10. Assumes other responsibilities, duties, tasks, and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to public health emergencies in order to support the efficient operation of the department.
11. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience in Customer Experience and/or senior level auditor experience in the areas of audit, quality control or risk management.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above. Experience in the areas of quality assurance, internal controls, program effectiveness, program improvement, and/or regulatory matters relating to department policies and procedures.
- Must possess current and demonstrated knowledge of procedural reporting is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and managerial experience in leading teams on audits or projects. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of the organization.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, SharePoint, Smartsheet and relevant software is required.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking and work under pressure.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Employee must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality, as they will have access to confidential information.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!