Chief Financial Officer - Tuolumne Me-Wuk Tribal Council
Chief Financial Officer
Tuolumne Me-Wuk Tribal Council
Tuolumne, California 95379
Apr 30, 2021
May 31, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, responsibilities of the Chief Financial Officer will include, but are not limited to: fiscal management of all entities of the Tribe and any other new programs or entities which are created in the future; maintaining proper financial accountability and financial grant/contract compliance with funding sources; development and implementation of Tribal property, procurement, and fiscal policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budge, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Maintain complete and systematic accounting of fiscal records for programs and accounts of the Tribe, recommending new or modified systems to provide complete and accurate financial and statistical reporting.
- Develop and implement Tribal fiscal policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports based on past, present and projected operations
- Prepares financial worksheets, reports, and projections that outline the Tribe’s financial position needed for internal and external reporting.
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts, maintain and plan control procedures, including the cost accounting system, and analyze and report variances.
- Interface with and assist all entities of the Tribe, including but not limited to: Tribal Administration, Tribal Economic Development Authority, Tribal Gaming Agency and Black Oak Casino Resort with regard to accounting and fiscal coordination with those departments.
- Oversees the Fiscal/Accounting department for the Tribal government.
- Prepare internal reports, revise and update reports to be more useful and efficient and furnish external reports as necessary.
- Determine depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advise management on desirable operation adjustments.
- Interact with Tribal entities to ensure timely and accurate reporting of Tribal and Casino activities.
- Interact with appropriate agencies to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial activities.
- Other related duties as required.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- B.S. degree in Accounting and seven (7) years of progressively responsible management and supervisory experience in finance and/or accounting.
- Knowledge of federal programs and financial and procurement regulations is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience working at or with a Native American Tribe with a Casino is highly desired.
- Knowledge of GASB 34 reporting procedures as relates to tribes is highly desirable.
- CPA Certification preferred
- Strong computer accounting skills.
- Ability to develop fiscal and procurement policies for internal control.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to produce accounting and business reports for presentation to appropriate entities.
- Must possess/obtain a valid California driver’s license and comply with the requirements of the Tribe’s driving policy and insurance requirements.
Uphold Tribal Vision Statement
The Tuolumne Band of Me-Wuk Indians is a Sovereign Nation that is dedicated to uphold the Social and Economic Stability through Self-Reliance and to promote the Health, Safety and Welfare of our Indian People.
This position is deemed a level 1 and requires walking, standing and sitting for prolonged periods of time; climbing stairs, stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching; pushing, pulling and lifting up to 20 pounds; raising objects overhead; manual dexterity for operation of computer, phones and small office machines; hearing, talking and good verbal and written communication skills; repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and fingers.
Preference in filling vacancies shall be given first to qualified Tuolumne Me-Wuk Community Council Members and then to enrolled Native Americans of any federally recognized tribe. Documentation for claiming preference must be provided with the application for consideration. Other than the above, the Tuolumne Me-Wuk Tribe is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment is contingent upon pre-employment background and drug test results.
Salary Range: $140,000 – $200,000 DOE
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible spending account (FSA) and Health Savings account (HSA) benefits, Life insurance, AD&D, LTD a PHI, EAP and 401(k) retirement plan.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button and your Casino Careers resume will be sent to our Applicant Tracking Report. You will also be redirected to our Employment Application which must also be completed. You may also submit a resume/cover letter via the Email Employer button.
The Chief Administrative Officer provides leadership by suggesting strategy, goals, objectives, and targets for tribal government programs and services. The Executive Director regularly attends the meetings of the various committees of the Community Council.