Director, Financial Planning and Analysis - San Manuel Casino
Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Apr 30, 2021
Jun 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) works under the direction of the Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis, and is responsible for leading a team of high performing analysts serving all aspects of the San Manuel business including; Slots and Table Game Operations, Hotel, Retail, Food & Beverage, Marketing, Guest Services and Executive Administration. The Director, FP&A leverages available Business Intelligence (BI) tools to create, support and enhance on-going analytics and reporting for decision makers across the company with an emphasis on identifying opportunities to improve operational efficiencies, increase revenues and maximize profits. The Director, FP&A is a thought leader possessing excellent communication skills and the ability to align technical resources with business requirements that drive a data driven strategy throughout the organization. The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis also collaborates, initiates, and supports opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribes vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading the forecast process by coordinating with all the Casino departments and provides weekly forecasted updates to the Office of General Manager (OGM) to assist with real time business decisions. Working closely with Marketing to understand and evaluate effectiveness of initiatives. Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of the FP&A department and updates and adjusts department structure and interaction with operating departments based on business needs.
- Completes labor analyses and models to ensure Casino optimizes labor costs for all Casino departments. Develops financial models to support operational decisions for new and expanded business units. Develops and provides models and analyses to support capital investment opportunities within the Casino. Develops department-level and business-wide KPI’s to be used for performance monitoring and goal setting.
- Oversees the timely production of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports for the OGM, including preparation of materials for the Board. Conducts industry and competitor analyses to develop operational and financial benchmarks.
- Partners with the department Directors to identify opportunities for process improvements and cost saving initiatives in various areas of the business.
- Develops measurement procedures for projected customer demand for various marketing initiatives by performing pro-forma calculation. Oversees the implementation and use of integrated data system that will be used by all Casino departments to better understand financial results of respective departments.
- Accumulates, coordinates and reports on the Casino’s main initiatives by partnering with all departments to obtain information and establish a reporting format that will provide updated status of main initiatives. Coordinates with executive leadership to devise and execute an analytics based operational strategic plan.
- Establishes and leads a team of high performing analysts serving all aspects of the business. Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates analytical staff and data scientists; assists in their continued growth and improvement by providing necessary training; implements discipline as appropriate.
- Creates and executes statistical modeling solutions that drive improvements throughout the organization. Attends and participates in professional group meetings; maintains awareness of new trends and innovations in the fields of analytics and workforce administration.
- Develops sophisticated predictive models relative to guest behavior and spend patterns. Identifies and communicates opportunities to leverage analytics across the enterprise. Translates business needs into analytical projects. Manages project deliverables, timelines and budgets. Manages competing priorities across business enterprises.
- Collaborates with Information Technology (IT) on a technical roadmap to ensure long-term enhancements to the company’s BI capabilities. Identifies technologies that can improve the company’s BI capabilities.
- Assumes other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to public health emergencies.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Finance, Accounting or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience leading a team of analysts.
- Analytics experience in Gaming, Hospitality or Retail strongly preferred.
- Experience using SAS BI Tools, Teradata and other statistical products (i.e. SPSS, R, Tableau, etc.) preferred.
- Demonstrated success implementing BI solutions and integrating BI tools into the organization is necessary.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Ability to delegate, multi-task, lead and prioritize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Must maintain a strict level of confidentiality and act in a manner consistent with all legal and regulatory requirements and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Must be personable and professional, capable of using caution and discretion in communication.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!