Environmental Services Supervisor - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Environmental Services Supervisor
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Tucson, Arizona 85756
Apr 28, 2021
Jul 23, 2021
Type of Position:
Under general direction of Environmental Services Assistant Manager, the Environmental Services Supervisor supervises the daily activities of Environmental Services, including personnel assignments, training and management, quality assurance, problem resolution, and inventory control. This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Applies fair and consistent supervision
- Assists in hiring, termination, and disciplinary actions.
- Plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct reports.
- Assist with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
- Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all TOGE and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides excellent and friendly service to all guests.
- Trains employees on cleaning, equipment techniques, methods, chemicals and procedures.
- Maintains records on employees, equipment and maintenance activities.
- Organizes workload to ensure deadlines are met; schedules all employees and assigns work.
- Ensures care, maintenance and utilization of equipments, orders adequate supplies to meet work needs.
- Inspects work areas to ensure consistency and quality of work and adherence to established procedures, safety regulations and standards. Prepares daily checklist on daily performance.
- Maintains compliance with department procedures and Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies.
- Responds to inquires and researches and resolves problems for day-to-day operational issues.
- Trains new Environmental Services Attendants on daily maintenance of Casino floor, restrooms, and other task when assigned by Environmental Services Supervisor.
- Properly trains Environmental Services Attendants on how to clean and dispose of Bi-Hazard Waste according to OSHA regulations.
- Coaches/counsels Environmental Services staff when necessary.
- Enters and approves bi-weekly Environmental Services payroll.
- Prepares and submits reports.
- Oversees work schedules for personnel and quarterly rotation schedules.
- Involved in continuously training to ensure Environmental Services staff is updated on new chemicals and cleaning techniques.
- Performs Environmental Services duties as necessary.
- Initiates work orders on any building maintenance issues.
- Inspects the work activities of a group of Environmental Services Attendants and prepares daily checklist.
- Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED plus one year of environmental services supervisory/lead experience or a minimum of 18 months in the Environmental Services cleaning profession (any industry).
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation and obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment.
- Knowledge of Environmental Services chemicals.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers and customers at all levels.
- Ability to safely use cleaning products and safely operate cleaning equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings and equipment.
- Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
- Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
- Ensure MSDS are updated as needed and in proper designated areas.
- Ability to work and finish multiple tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
- Takes messages from Environmental Services Attendants and other staff and post in designated area.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Skill in the use of cleaning tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities to staff when needed.
- Attends monthly meeting to ensure continues communication within department occurs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand for full shift; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift, pull, push and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you must complete our Employment Application. Please click on Apply Now and you'll be redirected to our online form.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (MST)
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. Class 2 casino with bingo-style slot machines. The property opened in February 2020, offering more than 1,100 slot machines, 380 bingo seats, 36 poker-style tables, and 48 blackjack-style tables.
Food and beverage-wise, the casino offers A massive bar with a second-story mezzanine overlooking the casino floor, a food court, Nineteen 86 Steakhouse, Edge Bar and Nuovo Giorno Italian Bistro.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with 8 poker tables and the area's most competitive tournaments, 24 table games including live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.