Human Resources Manager- Sign On Bonus $500! - Spotlight 29 Casino
Human Resources Manager- Sign On Bonus $500!
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Jun 04, 2021
Sep 29, 2021
Type of Position:
We are seeking for a Human Resources Manager to join our growing organization. In this position, the Human Resources Manager applies and administers policies and procedures for all Tribal entities relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan, organize and monitor all activities of the department. Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Identify legal requirements and governmental reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures for all Tribal entities.
- Develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Recruit, interview, test, and select employees to fill vacant positions with qualified individuals relevant to expertise.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude towards Casino goals.
- Keep records of benefit plan participation such as insurance and 401k plans, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers performance reviews, and terminations, and reports human resources statistics to management.
- Coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and unlawful harassment.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs.
- Implement and annually update the compensation program; rewrite job descriptions as necessary; conduct annual salary surveys and develop merit pool (salary budget); analyze compensation; monitor the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Administer benefit programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, 401k plan, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence and employee assistance directly or through subordinates.
- Assist in preparing operations budget of the human resources department.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepare reports and recommend procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Ensure Indian Preference Policies are followed in recruitment and promotions.
- Represent the human resources function in the absence of the human resources director.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Tribe to its guests and vendors and assist them as required.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures and attends all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Supervise and direct the activities of the human resources staff, including but not limited to, the Recruiter, Benefits Coordinator, HR Coordinators, and Admin Assistant. Carry out administrative and supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws; directly responsible for the level of customer service. Interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance, reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems. Assist the Director of Human Resources in the management of the operation of the department as directed.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess Bachelor's degree or five years of experience in lieu of college.
- Must possess five (5) years Human Resources management experience, preferably in the gaming/hospitality industry.
- Must have knowledge of internal controls policies and procedures.
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must pass pre-employment physical
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
BE PART OF THE SPOTLIGHT 29 TEAM! WE ARE OFFERING NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS $500!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.