Director of Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) - Bally's Corporation
Director of Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG)
Lincoln, Rhode Island 02865
Apr 26, 2021
May 27, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
This position works collaboratively with the Board of Directors, Corporate Leadership, and Property Leadership to drive ESG strategy and reporting for the Company. The Director of ESG will report directly to the Chief Accounting Officer and works closely with fellow team members and various stakeholders across the Company. Position drives the execution of the ESG strategy by working with internal stakeholders to gather, analyze and report on various ESG metrics and targets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical ESG assistance and support to portfolio companies, including coaching and best practice sharing.
- Assesses the positive financial impact of ESG initiatives in portfolio companies.
- Supports external communication to investors and stakeholders on material developments in the Company’s ESG performance and credentials.
- Remains up to date on ESG trends and developments and translates them into actionable improvements across the Company’s portfolio.
- Chairs and organizes the agenda for ESG Committee meetings (monthly or quarterly as needed).
- Develops and leads a multi-pronged strategy for Environmental Social and Governance (ESG).
- Establishes objectives and milestones to achieve short and long-term goals, embedding our strategy within the functional areas as an integrated part of how we work.
- Prioritizes the issues that are most important to Bally’s, our employees, communities, and shareholders while considering opportunities for business growth and risk mitigation.
- Develops external ESG reporting and works collaboratively across multiple functional areas to drive program awareness and communicates program results.
- Develops and implements Bally’s corporate programs to drive awareness and achieve intended targets.
- Creates and drives engagement opportunities that serve employees, communities, and stakeholders while aligning with the Company’ mission and vision.
- Builds existing and new ESG programs that align to the strategy and leverage to expand opportunities within the business.
- Develops and executes an overall program/project management, operational, and change management strategy related to business initiatives/processes.
- Creates dashboards and reporting to track performance for various audiences (employees, Executives & Board level).
- Works cross-functionally to develop and implement successful marketing, corporate communications, and public relation strategies.
- Acts as a thought leader in ESG; Understanding current and future challenges within the industry and educating and prioritizing these issues with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- The ability to influence and catalyze change to improve ESG performance of companies through the application of exceptional interpersonal, relationship building and collaboration skills.
- Commercial, creative, and pragmatic thinking about improving ESG practices.
- The ability to work autonomously with a hands-on approach.
- Practical and innovative leader with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and results. Ability to balance idealism with pragmatism.
- Creative thinker with strong interest in executing new strategies to drive increasing value to our employees, communities, and stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills with experience working at both executive and board levels.
- Possess executive presence and interpersonal skills that enable you to build relationships internally and externally.
- Strong public speaking experience including engagements at conferences, with investors and media.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to build out metrics and synthesize data.
- Possess soft skills and competencies that include: Inspirational leadership, holistic ownership, strategic focus, operational intensity, communicating with impact, and acting as a talent champion.
- Possess an established network of ESG/CSR colleagues from whom you can seek advice.
- Familiarity with frameworks such as SDG’s, reporting standards such as SASB or GRI, and ratings agencies such as MSCI and ISS.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Experience of ESG strategy development and implementation.
- In addition to experience within an investment manager, experience with a consultancy or inhouse driving sustainability efforts and engagement with investors is key.
- ESG reporting, and development of measurement frameworks.
- Relevant educational qualifications, including a Bachelor's or Master's degree in either finance, economics, environment management or sustainability.
- At least 10 years of professional experience within ESG or CSR that include driving corporate ESG/CSR initiatives that tie to strategic business objectives; 8 years of team leadership experience.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopier, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button. You will be redirected to our career page on which you must complete our online Employment Application. If the Email Employer button is visible, you may use it to submit a resume/cover letter.
100 Twin River Road
Lincoln, RI 02865
Bally's Corporation currently owns and manages 11 casinos across seven states, a horse racetrack, and 13 authorized OTB licenses in Colorado. With more than 5,400 employees, the Company's operations include 11,859 slot machines, 405 gaming tables and 2,538 hotel rooms.
Properties include Twin River Casino Hotel (Lincoln, RI), Tiverton Casino Hotel (Tiverton, RI), Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (Biloxi, MS), Casino Vicksburg (Vicksburg, MS), Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport (Shreveport, LA), Dover Downs Hotel & Casino (Dover, DE), Bally's Atlantic City (Atlantic City, NJ), Casino KC (Kansas City, MO), Golden Gates Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Golden Gulch Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Mardi Gras Casino (Black Hawk, CO), and Arapahoe Park racetrack (Aurora, CO).
Following the completion of pending acquisitions, which include Tropicana Evansville (Evansville, IN), Jumer's Casino & Hotel (Rock Island, IL), and MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa (Lake Tahoe, NV), the Company will own and manage 14 casinos across 10 states. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "BALY."