Senior SOX Auditor - Bally's Corporation
Senior SOX Auditor
Lincoln, Rhode Island 02865
Apr 26, 2021
May 27, 2021
Type of Position:
The Senior SOX Auditor will assist the SOX Audit Manager with the development and execution of Internal Audit SOX plan to provide objective evaluations of internal controls and processes to identify areas of risk and operational efficiency by partnering with business partners to review existing practices, policies, and procedures. The position plays a key part in Internal Audit’s role of identifying improvement opportunities for meeting operational goals, compliance objectives and regulatory requirements. Assist Internal Audit/Compliance staff at the property level with SOX activities. Work with the SOX Audit Manager on SOX pre-planning activities for newly acquired properties. In addition, this role will be responsible for supervising the SOX Auditor.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance related area required.
- 3-5 years of SOX Audit experience, required.
- CPA, CIA, and/or CFE certifications, or working towards attaining certification preferred.
- Knowledge of SOX regulations, COSO, internal auditing standards, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and risk assessment practices, required.
- Minimum of 3 years of Corporate Internal Audit and/or Big 4 audit including financial controls compliance and risk management experience.
- Experience evaluating the design and effectiveness of processes and controls over financial and operational functions.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage, and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively present to peers and management as well as to effectively document procedures performed and conclusions reached.
- Ability to deliver quality results on time, with a high degree of integrity and in an ethical and professional manner.
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skills to be able to perform multiple projects and working with varying team members.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and comfort with the unknown.
- Curiosity to learn more about the Company’s operations.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills around business processes, controls, and deficiencies.
- Demonstrate high standards of conduct and ethics as well as appropriate judgment, independence, and discretion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of SOX Automated applications, preferred.
- ACL, IDEA, SQL and/or other analytical software skills, preferred.
- Oracle, Hyperion and other ERP software skills preferred.
- Supervisory experience, preferred.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button. You will be redirected to our career page on which you must complete our online Employment Application. If the Email Employer button is visible, you may use it to submit a resume/cover letter.
100 Twin River Road
Lincoln, RI 02865
Bally's Corporation currently owns and manages 11 casinos across seven states, a horse racetrack, and 13 authorized OTB licenses in Colorado. With more than 5,400 employees, the Company's operations include 11,859 slot machines, 405 gaming tables and 2,538 hotel rooms.
Properties include Twin River Casino Hotel (Lincoln, RI), Tiverton Casino Hotel (Tiverton, RI), Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (Biloxi, MS), Casino Vicksburg (Vicksburg, MS), Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport (Shreveport, LA), Dover Downs Hotel & Casino (Dover, DE), Bally's Atlantic City (Atlantic City, NJ), Casino KC (Kansas City, MO), Golden Gates Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Golden Gulch Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Mardi Gras Casino (Black Hawk, CO), and Arapahoe Park racetrack (Aurora, CO).
Following the completion of pending acquisitions, which include Tropicana Evansville (Evansville, IN), Jumer's Casino & Hotel (Rock Island, IL), and MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa (Lake Tahoe, NV), the Company will own and manage 14 casinos across 10 states. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "BALY."