Operations Controller (Director of Cage) - Rivers Casino Philadelphia
60887 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Operations Controller (Director of Cage)
Rivers Casino Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19125
Apr 23, 2021
May 24, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Director of Cage is responsible for directing the cage and count room functions.
We believe that team member engagement is the basis for a great culture and superior guest service. During every interaction, we display three behaviors:
- Smile, display energy and open body language
- Proactively greet team members and guests, initiating interaction to provide service
- Always use a positive parting remark to end the conversation
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the response of Team Members to guest service interactions in a professional and timely manner, achieving positive resolutions.
- Complimentary privileges within prescribed limits in accordance with the approved Comp Matrix.
- Oversees all casino cages, casino credit and count room operations.
- Generate and submit a weekly Supervisor and Cage Cashier schedules.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues or problems in the cage area.
- Verify various types of pay outs (drawing winners, tournament winners).
- Practice teamwork, create a positive work environment, greet fellow employees and thank them when they lend assistance.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all Cage areas and cage equipment.
- Display a thorough knowledge of all Title 31 and Pennsylvania Gaming Regulations and ensures department compliance.
- Maintain paperwork flow regarding credits and debits.
- Determines applicants credit worthiness by approving or denying credit requests up to approved limits.
- Maintains casino credit records as they relate to changes to the limit or disruption of credit privileges.
- Generate end of shift reports.
- Turn in reports and paperwork to Accounting in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory controls both internal and external including but not limited to state and federal laws and the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board regulations.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of fraud prevention and credit scams.
- Verify all transactions as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting required.
- Five or more years casino experience in operating cage and count room departments.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to motivate staff through a teamwork approach.
- Proven leadership skills that include delegating as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary licensing.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Regularly required to see, talk, hear, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Able to interact with others while maintaining a positive and courteous demeanor.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume and also complete our Company Online Application.
Rivers Casino Philadelphia
1001 N Delaware Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19125
Rivers Casino Philadelphia is located a mile north of the Ben Franklin Bridge in the city’s Fishtown section, Rivers Casino is situated on the Delaware River, with beautiful views along its waterfront property. With more than 2,000,000 visitors each year, the casino features 1,891 slots, 103 table games, a 28 table poker room, fun and unique dining options, and free valet and self-parking.
Parent company Rush Street is comprised of several full-service casinos, internet gaming, myriad of restaurants, multiple hotels, television production and more. What thematically connects all Rush Street business units is our destination-based gaming, entertainment and recreation value proposition.