Chief Financial Officer - Rosebud Casino
60834 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Chief Financial Officer
Valentine, Nebraska 69201
Apr 21, 2021
May 22, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Duties and Responsibilities of the CFO:
- Safeguard all Rosebud Casino’s Class II & III, Hotel, Fuel Plaza, and Prairie Hills Golf Course assets.
- Ensures compliance is maintained as it pertains to the Rosebud Sioux Tribe Gaming Compact, Tribal Gaming Ordinance, Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS) approved by the RST Gaming Commission and all Federal Laws governed by the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC), all laws pertaining to the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA), and all rules and regulations pertaining to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ensures compliance with the established Rosebud Casino Employee Handbook and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Directs all financial activities of the Rosebud Casino’s Class II & III and its affiliated enterprise to include the Hotel, Fuel Plaza 83 (C-Store Operations), and Prairie Hills Gold Course .
- Reviews the G/L for these business activities, having ownership and accountability for the integrity of the data.
- Manage the preparation of accounting records, bank reconciliation, journal entries and detail records.
- Oversees the operation of the Vault/Cage as well as the Drop and Count functions.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable, Payroll, Revenue Audit Departments as well as being the point of contact with outside auditors and banking institutions.
- Ensures payment of all employees accurately and on-time based on a weekly pay schedule.
- Ensure all invoices are paid within the given terms and agreements.
- Administer preparation of annual/monthly reports and other analysis pertaining to evaluation of all operating department’s performance.
- Oversees the preparation of daily revenue reports and their comparison against budget projections and previous years’ performance.
- Ensures all taxes and regulatory documents are filed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analysis and interpretation of financial statements for the Casino/Hotel and Gas Station/C-Store operation.
- Coordinates with external audit firm and participates in the annual audit plan of the operation.
- Directs the formulation, compilation, and presentation of departmental budgets for the entire operation to ensure that the short term and long term business plans and needs are adhered to.
- Designs/revises accounting policies and procedures to ensure integrity is maintained for the organization.
- Analyzes trends and identifies problems and requirements pertaining to management needs, auditing, and other fiscal procedures.
- Develops short term and long term financial strategies for the Casino, Hotel, and Fuel Plaza.
- Must be available to work irregular shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have the ability to drive and travel to various locations with the business market.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises Count Team and all functions related to the drop and count functions.
- Disbursement approvals.
- Purchase approvals.
- Information and tax reports including State, Federal, and Tribal.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent field.
- Licensed CPA preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated gaming industry-related experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent organization, communications, leadership and public relations skills.
- Excellent problem identification and problem solving skills.
- Have the ability to supervise, coordinate, direct, and assign work.
- Have the ability and skills necessary to identify and resolve administrative problems.
- Have the ability to prepare standard reports and documents and be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check and obtain a gaming license.
Salary: $70,000 – $125,000 Per Year
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume and place it in the Applicant Tracking Report. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume.
30421 US Highway 83
Valentine, NE 69201
Rosebud Casino is located on the Rosebud Sioux Indian Reservation. Rosebud Casino is open 24 hours a day. The casino features 250 slots, five table games, poker room, 250 seat bingo hall, 62 room Quality Inn hotel and a Fuel plaza.