Director of Finance - Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino
Director of Finance
Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino
Coarsegold, California 93614
Apr 21, 2021
May 22, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Director of Finance is responsible for coordinating and managing all functions pertaining to General Ledger, Payroll, Revenue Audit, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, Cage, Hard Count and Soft Count, and Inventory Control. Responsible for establishing appropriate policies, procedures and controls of the Company to be consistent with General Accepted Accounting Principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs excellent customer service at all times.
- Directs preparation and distribution of monthly financial statements on a timely basis.
- Directs preparation of quarterly financial reports and MD&A for submission to management and external auditors.
- Coordinates with external audit firm for quarterly reviews and annual audits as required.
- Coordinates filing of 10q’s, 10k’s, and 8k’s as required.
- Establishes accounting procedures as necessary.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by the department; assists the Controller, General Accounting Manager and Payroll Supervisor, as needed.
- Monitors all financial activities on property to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company, the Federal and State Tax Commissions, and the Gaming Commission are enforced throughout the property.
- Participates in monthly financial statement review, quarterly write-off meetings, and internal control updates.
- Establishes a system of troubleshooting financial problems to ensure cost effectiveness throughout the property.
- Reviews monthly financial reports to verify accuracy.
- Controls the budgets Of the Finance Division.
- Maintains good working relationships with the Gaming Commission, the Federal and State Tax Commissions.
- Organizes adequate staffing levels in the department by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, promoting, disciplining and terminating team members as needed.
- Reviews departmental reports, addressing potential conflicts and/or misinformation.
- Ensures a maximum level of company-wide service and satisfaction in the financial aspect of the business, is achieved and maintained.
- Facilitates the flow of information by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with the Finance Division team members.
- Ensures to a very high degree the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Communicates with all departments of the Finance Division in an effort to ensure consistency in procedures throughout the division.
- Maintains a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Performs any reasonable request made by management.
- Ushers as needed by management for events.
Directly supervises the activities of the Controller, Management of the General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Hard Count and Soft Count, and Inventory Control departments of the Finance Division. Also provides direct supervision of the Director of Purchasing and the Financial Analyst Manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance from a four-year college or university, with a minimum of five years experience in casino gaming or hospitality operation in a supervisory or management role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience that enables performance in all aspects of the position.
- Knowledge of casino accounting procedures is a definite plus.
- CPA preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Experience with budgeting, financial reporting, expense analysis, cost benefit analysis and financial statement interpretation required.
- Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate, with superior spreadsheet skills.
- Minimum of three years experience in financial analysis or related area, preferably in the gaming industry, required.
- SEC/public financial reporting experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk or hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The Team Member is regularly exposed to risk of radiation (from computers), as a great deal of the workday is spent working on spreadsheets or inputting data into the computer system. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Click on the Apply Now button and you will be redirected to this opportunity on our Career Page (apply via General Applicants). You may also submit your resume/cover letter via the Email Employer button; however to be considered for this position you must complete our Company Online Application.
Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino
711 Lucky Lane
Coarsegold, CA 93614
Phone: 559-692-5293 Fax: 559-692-5329
Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, located in Coarsegold, California is owned by the Chukchansi Economic Development Authority, an enterprise of the Picayune Rancheria of Chukchansi Indians. The Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino opened to the public in the Summer of 2003.
The Gaming Resort features 1,800 of the latest slot machines, 36 table games, individually themed bars and restaurants, a 400-room luxury hotel, a beautiful indoor-outdoor pool and a luxurious full service Serenity Springs Spa. Located 35 minutes north of Fresno on Highway 41 in the beautiful Sierra foothills, just minutes from the majestic splendor of Yosemite National Park
Chukchansi Gold's professionally managed resort and casino offers an exciting and entertaining work experience with an emphasis on high quality service. Chukchansi Gold Team Members have extensive growth and development opportunities and an excellent benefit package in an exciting and fast-paced environment.