Chief Financial Officer - Santa Clara Development Corporation
60829 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Chief Financial Officer
Santa Clara Development Corporation
Espanola, New Mexico 87532
Apr 21, 2021
May 22, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the successful overall direction, administration, and coordination of all activities of the corporate Finance department (includes Accounting, Compliance, and IT) with responsibility over the control and or coordination of multiple business units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates, develops, and implements an effective strategy of financial organization for the property, working with the CEO, COO, and department directors to ensure all internal controls and policies/procedures are in place for a smooth opening.
- Ensures the quality of management operations and communication in all areas of the corporate finance department structure.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by the operating business units including but not limited to hotel, casino, golf course, construction/development, and retail outlets.
- Oversees business units, to ensure that all applicable financial policies, procedures laws, regulations and internal controls of the company are uniformly enforced.
- Maintains working knowledge GAAP standards and ensures the timely completion of corporate financial reports and statements, in accordance with same.
- Reviews daily operating unit financial reports to certify accuracy.
- Coordinates and prepares detailed monthly and ad hoc corporate financial reports, rolling forecasts for inclusion in Corporate Business Plans.
- Directly supervises the activities of senior Financial Management employees and provides support as needed in supervising the activities of all divisions of the Finance Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the business units, by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with executive team members.
- Held accountable, to the highest degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of records and reports.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- CPA and MBA preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the Gaming Industry required.
- Minimum of five years management experience at an executive level required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume. You will be redirected to our Career page, where you must also complete our Company Employment Application. You may use the Email Employer button to submit a resume/cover letter.
Santa Clara Development Corporation
Santa Claran Hotel Casino
460 N. Riverside Drive
Espanola, NM 87532
Web Site: http://www.santaclaran.com
The Santa Clara Development Corporation boasts the largest four-star hotel in a 30 mile radius, a beautiful Casino, multiple Food and Beverage venues, the Black Mesa Golf Course, Puye Cliff Dwellings, and a Puye Cliff’s Welcome Center.
Our mission is to provide the most fulfilling team member employment and guest entertainment experience in New Mexico.
The Santa Claran Hotel Casino is located in the heart of Espanola in Northern New Mexico just 30 miles north of Santa Fe. The facility features a 4-Star Hotel and a Casino offering 700 slot machines and a variety of table games.
The property also offers a 24 lane bowling facility and an award winning 18-hole golf course. Food and beverage venues include the Grille, Center Bar & the Java Lounge, two C-Stores, a Puye Cliffs Welcome Center and Grill. We also offer extensive tours at our historical ancestral Puye Cliffs.
Employees enjoy the benefits of a vested 401K program, PTO, Medical, Dental and Vision Plans, Life Insurance, Employee events, Employee discounts and free employee meals.