Financial Controller - Spotlight 29 Casino
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Apr 20, 2021
May 21, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
We are seeking an experienced and skilled Financial Controller to join our growing organization. In this position, the Financial Controller, responsible for coordinating and managing all functions pertaining to General Ledger, Revenue Audit, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Operations, and Purchasing.
Responsible for establishing appropriate policies, procedures and controls of the Casino to be consistent with General Accepted Accounting Principles, the NIGC Minimum Internal Control Standards and the Tribal Minimal Internal Control Standards. Direct the financial activities of the Casino by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement “We are here for the guest. Period.”
- Oversee and direct the preparation and issuance of the casinos’ daily financial operating reports, monthly financial statements and annual reports.
- Direct and analyze studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the casinos’ policies and operations.
- Appraise the casinos’ financial position and issues periodic reports on casinos’ financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Direct and coordinate the establishment of budget programs.
- Coordinate tax reporting programs.
- Work with the General Manager and Tribal Administration to establish standards for resource allocation, including but not limited to, staffing services, products, and capital requirements.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles that detail and summarize the Casino's business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and/or expected operations.
- Direct preparation of quarterly financial reports in conformance to requirements under bank reporting and covenant compliance, as needed.
- Coordinate with internal and external audit firm for periodic reviews and annual audits as required.
- Analyze operational issues impacting functional groups and the casino, and determines their financial impact.
- Establish Accounting Policies and Procedures which ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting under a sound internal control structure.
- Ensure the integrity of all financial data produced by the revenue and cost center departments.
- Monitor all financial activities on property to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company, all Federal and State Agencies to include the Tribe’s Compact with the State, and the Gaming Commission are enforced throughout the property.
- Review daily financial reports to verify accuracy.
- Maintain and update financial internal control procedures.
- Mentor, coach and prepare succession planning to encourage those Team Members seeking advancement to acquire the education, experience, and personal characteristics to prepare them to progress toward their goal.
- Develop Operational and Maintenance Standards (measurable and time sensitive) to optimize efficiency, continuously improves processes, trains Team Members, effectively distributes workloads and responsibilities, and provides regular reporting against these standards.
- Maintain good working relationships with the internal Gaming Commission and applicable Federal and State Agencies.
- Plan for adequate staffing levels by monitoring performance and selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, and promoting Team Members.
- Review departmental reports, addressing any potential issues or adverse trends.
- Facilitate the flow of information by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled operational and back-of-the-house departmental meetings.
- Ensure a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Manage communications to ensure consistency in procedures throughout the property.
- Provide management with timely reviews of the Casino’s financial status and progress in its various programs, goals and objectives
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors, and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Performs any reasonable request made by management.
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must pass pre-employment and periodic random drug screens.
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.