Audio Visual Technician, Entertainment- Part Time - San Manuel Casino
Audio Visual Technician, Entertainment- Part Time
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Apr 20, 2021
Aug 26, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Audio Visual Supervisor, the Audio Visual Technician I is responsible for setting up, operating, maintaining and repairing audio visual (AV), digital and lighting equipment to enhance the live entertainment experience and special events performed throughout all San Manuel Casino venues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs set up and installs equipment such as microphones, speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires, cables and audio mixing boards for events and functions such as concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, presentations, and news conferences.
- Operates sound and lighting equipment for live entertainment events (bands, entertainers, comedians, theatrical and promotional events.
- Cleans and sanitizes Audio Visual equipment and stores properly after use.
- Performs Audio Visual duties at remote locations, when necessary.
- Maintains inventory of Audio Visual equipment.
- Collaborates with meeting or event director to establish cues and directions.
- Ensures equipment is installed according to designated layout.
- Diagnoses and corrects Audio Visual system problems, as needed.
- Sends in Audio Visual equipment for repairs, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School diploma or GED is required; Associate’s degree in Live Performance Audio, Lighting, Film, or Video is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience including audio, video, computers, lighting and rigging for live performance events required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Must be an A2 level Audio Engineer or higher for live performance.
- Must have manual dexterity, technical acumen and a good eye and ear for sound and image quality.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with sound, lighting, and video systems, including Yamaha digital consoles, Dante, Q-sys, Shure wireless/RF, Intelligent Lighting and Show Control, GrandMA2 or 3, Crestron, ATEM and Blackmagic is preferred.
- Intermediate to advance proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Professional certification in Audio and Visual technology or related field is preferred; strong work related experience and skills meeting this position’s requirements will be considered in lieu of certifications.
- Certification in Dante, Q-sys, Crestron or AVIXA-CTS is preferred.
San Manuel will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!