Audio Visual Technician II, Entertainment - San Manuel Casino
Audio Visual Technician II, Entertainment
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Apr 20, 2021
Aug 25, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Audio Visual Manager, the Audio Visual Technician II is responsible for the intermediate set up, operation, maintenance and repair of audio visual (AV), digital and lighting equipment to enhance the live entertainment experience and special events performed throughout all San Manuel Casino venues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for documenting all live performance event details. Interprets artist riders and specifications to prepare sufficiently for live events. Sets up live events per schematics and construction of staging including but not limited to set up, installation, backline, drum kits, amplifiers, monitors, percussion, keyboards, drum pads, microphones, etc.
- Consistently tracks and maintains inventory of equipment at all times.
- Programs, engineers, operates and rigs a variety of lighting and audio visual equipment including, but not limited to; lighting consoles for live performances, recording equipment, mixing live performance audio, microphones, speakers, projectors, video screens and video monitors.
- Performs set up, rig, test and operate lighting systems including, but not limited to; Par 56 cans, LED lighting moving head lights, GrandMA2 and GrandMA3, networking lighting systems, follow spot operation, PC based lighting control software, dimmer packs and daisy chain linked lighting trees and intelligent lighting systems.
- Performs set up, rig, test and operate video systems including, but not limited to; LED wall, projectors, video screens, video monitors, video duplexing systems, ATEM, Blackmagic, Folsom or other comparable systems
- Performs all necessary maintenance and repairs of all equipment and expedites maintenance issues as necessary to appropriate service vendors. Executes preventative maintenance programs and procedures, as assigned.
- Instructs and demonstrates usage of the lighting, video and audio equipment.
- Serves a proxy in absence of Audio Visual Supervisor to supervise events, as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of lighting, video and mixing technologies and retains active status of lighting and sound programming certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School diploma or GED is required; Associate’s degree in Lighting, Video and Audio for live performance is preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with live performance lighting is required; L1 level lighting programmer is preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with live performance audio experience is required; A1 level Audio Engineer experience is preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Must know DMX addressing 3 pin and/or 5 pin.
- Must have a vast knowledge of lighting systems, video distribution, digital equipment and audio systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with lighting and video systems, including Intelligent Lighting and Show Control, GrandMA2 and GrandMA3, Crestron, ATEM and Blackmagic or comparable systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with audio systems including Yamaha digital consoles, Dante, Q-sys and Shure wireless/RF.
- Intermediate to advance proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Must have manual dexterity, technical acumen and a good eye and ear for sound and image quality.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Professional certification in Audio and Visual technology or related field is preferred; strong work related experience and skills meeting this position’s requirements will be considered in lieu of certifications.
- Certification in GrandMA2 Console and GrandMA3 Console or equivalent lighting console, Yamaha Digital, Dante, Q-sys, Crestron and AVIXA-CTS is preferred.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!