Database Marketing Analyst - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Database Marketing Analyst
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Jun 03, 2021
Jul 23, 2021
Type of Position:
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
Assists the Marketing Database Manager with the development, design, execution, and analysis of the database marketing programs including direct mail, email, mobile app, website and social media initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and supports direct mail production schedule and calendar.
- Tracks database marketing campaigns for on time and on budget delivery.
- Creates and configures campaign offers, and ensures accuracy.
- Reviews direct marketing collateral proofs to ensure accurate content of static and variable content.
- Interacts with outside vendors to ensure timely, accurate and cost-effective campaign collateral distribution.
- Tracks all expense related to direct marketing campaigns and programs.
- Ensures compliance and submission accuracy for all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reports potential issues to management for review.
- Maintains and updates the customer database within the casino management system (CMS).
- Handles database marketing requests and fulfillment of track able offer campaigns related, but not limited to, advertising, events, promotions, entertainment and sponsorships through all direct response marketing mediums.
- Maintains data integrity of customer database.
- Fields customer and employee calls related to direct marketing initiatives.
- Provides necessary data and information to department in support of development of effective marketing campaigns.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Works with Planning & Analysis to customize, produce, and review direct marketing analysis reports.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, data management, or related area; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in multiple communication channels, including direct mail and e-mail required
- Experience in SMS, IVR, mobile apps, geofencing of web ads, and social media a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Technical proficiency and knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Advanced Excel (e.g. formulas, charts, and pivot tables) and MS SQL (e.g. query, OLAP extensions) skills preferred
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills; strong client interface and presentation skills preferred
- Demonstrated critical thinker with ability to absorb constructive criticism and integrate into future performance
- Demonstrated passion, thirst for knowledge, and identification of answers using forensic data analysis skills
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to drive toward timely results on assigned projects
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arkansas Gaming License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to stand and walk for the majority of the shift. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to stand, climb, push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second-hand tobacco smoke.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.
WE ARE GROWING! This is an exciting time to join the Oaklawn Family. We have broken ground on a $100 million expansion that includes 28,000 additional sq. ft. of gaming, a 200-room luxury hotel, pool, spa, fitness center, steakhouse, food court, event center, and so much more!
Oaklawn was founded in 1904 and is one of the top 5 thoroughbred tracks in the country, also home to the annual $1 million Arkansas Derby. We are the #1 tourist attraction in Arkansas and Hot Springs is the #1 tourist destination in the state. We hope you’ll join us. ARE YOU IN?