Vice President of Finance - Valley Forge Casino Resort
Vice President of Finance
Valley Forge Casino Resort
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406
May 14, 2021
May 24, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Vice President of Finance at Valley Forge Casino Resort manages the financial planning and accounting policies and practices of the property. This person serves as strategic business partner for General Manager and department heads. Responsible for interpreting financial results and collaborating with property leadership to improve financial performance. Leadership responsibility to provide guidance to property leadership on financial implications of operational decisions. Responsible for direct oversight of Cage and property Finance and indirect oversight of Count Team and Receiving/Warehousing.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
- The Vice President of Finance functions as the top property finance leader. Responsible for managing and developing a diverse team.
- Responsible for all aspects of budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Oversees the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earning, profits, cash balances, and other financial results, including all business plans of the property.
- Maintains all financial reports.
- Ensures external reports are prepared in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Has oversight responsibility of the cashiers' cage, the count room, credit and collection activity and purchasing function.
- Approves credit lines as outlined in internal control 609a.4.
- Member of the Credit Committee and may approve credit as a group as set forth in internal control section 609a.4
- Oversees all departments to ensure that they are in compliance with regulatory policies and procedures with regard to finances.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory controls and the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- Has complimentary privileges within prescribed limits in accordance with the approved comp matrix.
- Has responsibility for the daily conduct of Valley Forge Casino Resort’s gaming business in the absence of the property’s Vice President and General Manager.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of five years as a finance leader in the gaming and/or hospitality industry.
- CPA preferred.
- Must qualify for and maintain licensure as required by Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- Must have thorough knowledge of approved Responsible Gaming.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
VFCR also has 100,000 square feet of banquet, meeting, and conference facilities and two luxury hotel towers. The Radisson Tower has over 300 recently remodeled rooms and the Casino Tower offers 150 completely renovated rooms right in the heart of the action.
Boyd Gaming currently operates 1.76 million square feet of casino space, approximately 38,000 gaming machines, 900 table games, more than 11,000 hotel rooms, and 320 food and beverage outlets.
The Valley Forge Casino Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status.