Custodian, TGO - San Manuel Casino
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Apr 15, 2021
Jul 23, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Tribal Custodian Supervisor, the Custodian will work in a team environment to accomplish daily and weekly duties with the goal of maintaining the general appearance and cleanliness of the facility. A successful candidate will possess the ability and willingness to travel between various sites of the enterprise as required, knowing the assigned location may change on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. The individual selected for this role is expected to assist in championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribal Community’s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Cleans and sanitizes rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, saunas, gymnasium, pavilions, parks and other applicable work areas.
- Uses best practices cleaning techniques to complete daily, weekly and long-term duties, including cleaning up accidents in a timely manner.
- Empties wastebaskets, empties and cleans ashtrays, removes and replaces trash liners, and transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Notifies Public Works Facilities Supervisor of conditions requiring maintenance.
- Responsible for setup and breakdown of special events including tables, chairs, canopies, decorations, etc.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies.
- Responsible for dusting furniture, equipment, and polishing metalwork and woodwork.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining all flooring by sweeping, moping, waxing, shampooing, buffing, etc.
- Responsible for cleaning windows, door panels and sills.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Three months related experience and/or training required.
Ability to read, convey and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and produce manuals.
Ability to speak effectively in English before groups, customers and employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals, including the ability to compute ratios and percentages.
Must be able to demonstrate good judgment skills in all areas within their scope of responsibility.
Ability to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods.
This position may require one to work and travel between various locations throughout the enterprise.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
Must be able to undergo and successfully pass pre-employment background check.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!