Sous Chef - Soboba Casino Resort
Soboba Casino Resort
San Jacinto, California 92581
Jul 09, 2021
Aug 09, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Sous Chef is responsible for supervising and monitoring the daily operations of the Culinary Department/area. Ensures the timely completion of all projects related tasks, in accordance with established procedures. Participates in the development and implementation of the department’s staffing/scheduling plan. Provides direction to subordinates on improving job performance and contributes feedback to the Team Member performance review.
- Ensure all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Provides orientation and departmental rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen team members.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms and reports in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications. Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Ability to work all areas stations.
- Adhere to all sanitation, safety, and food preparation laws and regulations.
- Must be physically present to work a regular, reliable, and predictable work schedule in accordance with business demands, and maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities, tasks, or duties as requested.
- Assist Chef in monitoring training of new team members to help them achieve higher status.
- Assist Chef to monitor and enforce company and departmental safety policies, health department, and all other applicable.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, motivating, and coaching employees.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Assist in daily operation of the kitchen as needed. Provides all line staff with the necessary tools and equipment for safe food handling
- Assist in planning, preparing and serving of all food items and menus. Train kitchen staff on the execution of said items.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, deliver superior service to internal and external guests, exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, and integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
- Employ positive communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in the workplace, including appearance, communication, attendance, reliability, and teamwork.
- Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time management skills, leading to the highest levels of productivity.
- Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the position and demonstrate proficiency in the position requirements.
- Demonstrate support and comply with all Safety program elements including: adherence to policies, exercise of safe work practices, participation in training, use of protective equipment, and reporting all safety concerns, hazards, and non-compliant practices.
- Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations, staffing, personal development, and operational productivity.
- Serve as a contributing Team Member of the Soboba Band of Luiseño Indians enhancing the Casino’s operations in all its business endeavors.
- Firm understanding and practical application of health and safety standards and laws.
- Possess strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and scheduled shift.
- Must be 21 years of age, or older.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the United States of America.
Certificates, Licenses and Registration
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Soboba Tribal Gaming Commission license.
- Required to submit to and obtain negative results on all drug and/or alcohol testing.
- Required to have a valid Riverside County Food Handler Card and / or ServSafe Certification, or obtain same upon hiring.
- TIPS certification, which can be obtained through on-site courses.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Soboba Casino Resort
22777 Soboba Road
San Jacinto, CA 92581
Soboba Casino Resort is located in the foothills of the San Jacinto Mountains, in Southern California. Our casino currently features 2,000 slot machines and 35 Table Games.
Food & Beverage venues include Canyons Steakhouse, Noodle Bar, Fairway Cafe, Restaurant Row, and Koffee Kiicha. The hotel features 200 rooms and suites. Our entertainment venues include the Soboba Springs Golf Course and Cabaret Lounge.