Benefits Administrator - Sign on Bonus of $500! - Spotlight 29 Casino
Benefits Administrator - Sign on Bonus of $500!
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Jun 08, 2021
Oct 08, 2021
Type of Position:
We are seeking for experienced, energetic, innovative and motivated Benefits Administrator to join our growing organization. In this position, the Benefits Administrator will take ownership of Health & Welfare (ongoing and open enrollment, COBRA, Life Insurance, and vendor management), verify all data assembled from vendors by HB Coordinator and transform it into useful information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be knowledgeable of all Health Plan Levels and programs.
- Manage with Directors’ oversight and assistance all Tribal Members Health Plan Levels, Programs and direct communication with all Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmaceutical and any other services each Tribal Member currently or plans to receive services from.
- Provide training to staff to ensure each member is proficient at all tasks.
- Be knowledgeable of all department positions.
- Assist Tribal Member and employees with medical claims and benefit coverage questions.
- Administer all Tribal Members and employee benefit programs (Medical, Dental, VSP, COBRA, etc.), including eligibility, enrollment, life events, terminations, and communication via employer portal access.
- Process leaves of absence approvals and rejections.
- Respond to notifications from state agencies regarding state disability claims filed by employees.
- Lead Open Enrollment: distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and other programs.
- Assist in the strategy for future benefit plan design regarding health and welfare programs.
- Provide input and recommendations to Director of Health & Foundations on financial issues relating to all approved benefits (medical, dental, vision, and other programs).
- Provide general financial oversight of all benefits to Director of Health & Foundation.
- Assemble weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Review all reports; track and analyze data assembled by team members for Directors’ review.
- Responsible for timely and accurate payment of monthly premiums.
- Serve as the primary contact for employee questions, assistance and support.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Maintain employee benefit files and perform other recordkeeping as required.
- Maintain accurate records for all benefit related process.
- Provide a report and recommendations for all recovery efforts to be done by engagement of a third party for overpayments, third party liability, subrogation and abusive and fraudulent claims.
- Server as the primary contact for all vendors for reports, questions or concerns.
- Maintain confidentiality so that HIPAA compliance is observed at all times.
- Ensure compliance with Federal Laws such as HIPAA, PPACA, FMLA, USERRA, and COBRA.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Tribal Administration to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must be HIPAA certified
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
- Possess a prudent management style and inspiring leadership qualities
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Trustworthy and responsible
- Able to uphold a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including conflict resolutions skills
- Must have effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Maintain a flexible work schedule
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Ability to manage priorities and multiple projects within required timelines
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish preferred
BE PART OF THE SPOTLIGHT 29 TEAM! WE ARE OFFERING NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS $500!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.