Gaming and Compliance Attorney - Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP
60301 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Gaming and Compliance Attorney
Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP
Bellevue, Nebraska 68005
May 10, 2021
May 20, 2021
Type of Position:
Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP is seeking candidates with 5-10 years’ experience possessing a strong background in gaming, regulatory compliance, employment law, transactional law, and general corporate law. The Gaming and Compliance Attorney is a new, unique, and cutting-edge opportunity to work closely with a client on large scale, state-run gaming projects. Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP is a prominent law firm providing legal representation and advocacy in a broad range of disciplines, with an emphasis in tribal law and federal Indian law and economic development, serving tribal nations, tribal business enterprises, and tribal organizations throughout the United States.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities, and Attributes
- Responsible for key projects and functions related to gaming, commercial and construction and A&E contracts, finance, employment law, complex transactions, and state regulatory issues.
- Review, negotiate, analyze, and draft key company contracts and provide strategic and proactive legal advice to applicable business clients including strategic partnership agreements, sponsorship agreements, payment processing agreements, affiliate agreements, and nondisclosure agreements.
- Collaborate, support, and advise property management, gaming leadership personnel, and other relevant personnel on gaming and related regulatory and compliance matters.
- Provide support for complex commercial transactions, including start-up enterprises, joint ventures, investments, and acquisitions.
- Assess applicable gaming and other laws and regulations for possible changes and reforms. Inspire confidence in business clients by consistently providing well-reasoned legal advice and practical solutions to complex issues.
- Prepare legal documents related to the entities including but not limited to agreements, resolutions, and organizational documents.
- Attend gaming regulatory hearings and other meetings, as required.
- Work directly with the clients for gaming and promotional approvals.
- Other miscellaneous legal work as assigned including contracts, commercial transactions, financing, and other transactional work.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Active admission to any state bar, with the ability to become licensed in Nebraska
- J.D. from an ABA accredited Law School
- Five (5) + years of progressively responsible regulatory/compliance legal practice
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities with a “roll up your sleeves” and team-oriented attitude
- Exceptional organizational skills, juggling priorities and adhering to strict deadlines
- First-rate academic credentials and references
- Superior research, writing and analytical skills and technology oriented
- Must have excellent communication skills in communicating with partners and clients
- Commitment to participating in the firm's marketing and public relations initiatives and a commitment to adhering to internal policies related to teamwork, communication, and billing.
Big Fire Law & Policy Group’s mission is to provide excellent legal services and an outstanding client experience, balanced with a work atmosphere that promotes individual betterment and professional exceptionalism. We build incredible trust with our clients by encouraging our attorneys to be the best at what they do, and to do so in the best possible way.
- Annual salary that is competitive, compensating for talent, expertise, and performance.
- Opportunity to participate in the firm's 401k plan.
- Two health insurance options to choose from and 100% employer paid vision and dental coverage.
- Opportunity to earn annual bonuses.
- Unlimited paid time off for attorneys (billable time requirement applies).
- Work-life balance and employee wellness promoted environment.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume and place it in the Applicant Tracking Report. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume.
Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP
1404 Fort Crook Road South
Bellevue, NE 68005
Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP embodies the future of tribal legal representation. We are 100% Native American owned and majority Native American woman owned. We come from the Winnebago, Lac Courte Oreilles Chippewa, Cheyenne River Sioux, Confederated Salish and Kootenai, Menominee, Prairie Band Potawatomi, Ho-Chunk and Mandan Hidatsa and Arikara Nations. Indian Country is our home and our community.
We are not a firm that has a tribal practice group focused on Indian country, rather our entire firm and practice is focused on Indian country. We share a firsthand appreciation for the sacrifices our ancestors made for us to be here today and as such we carry a duty to continue fighting for the protection and advancement of the rights our ancestors fought for and many died to preserve.
Because we have lived it, we are sensitive to tribal political dynamics and cultural influences, and understand the special roles that treaties, culture and history play in tribal legal affairs. We appreciate the powers of tribal nations, respect the wisdom and decision making of tribal leaders and recognize that Indian country does best when Indian country controls our own destiny. Our personal understanding of the unique challenges our communities face is the basis for our dedication to assist our communities and people in developing the long-term tools not just to survive but to thrive.
The founding partners of Big Fire Law and Policy Group LLP bring together over 100 years of combined tribal legal experience. Additionally, our partners bring unique and valuable lived experiences having served as executives in tribal economic development holding companies and tribal health systems, as elected and appointed tribal officials, as board members of esteemed organizations, as tribal judges, as legal educators, and in key positions within in the federal government.
It is the Big Fire Law and Policy Group LLP mission to utilize our skills to provide unparalleled service for Indian country while conducting ourselves with the integrity that Indian country deserves.