Food & Beverage Supervisor - Gun Lake Casino
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Gun Lake Casino
Wayland, Michigan 49348
Apr 08, 2021
May 09, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Food & Beverage Supervisor performs responsibilities in accordance with Company standards, policies, and procedures, including overseeing the performance and coordination of work performed by all F&B Team Members in the room assigned and passing on pertinent information to F&B Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Gun Lake Casino’s “Unsurpassed Service” Standards at all times.
- Resolve any product shortages and equipment needs.
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and encourage others to do so.
- Have knowledge where the SDS booklet is located for your area.
- Display knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Responsible for resolving any Team Member or Guest opportunities.
- Evaluate and oversee the job performance of Team Members.
- Maintain a safe environment for Guests and Team Members.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards in accordance with departmental policies.
- Treat each individual with care, dignity, fairness, respect, and recognition in the best manner.
- Work productively with direct manager and peers.
- Encourage teamwork in the department.
- Control costs.
- Coach and counsel Team Members who are not meeting standards.
- Hold daily Team Member Huddles and maintain communication boards to ensure that pertinent information is shared with Team Members.
- Have comprehensive and complete knowledge of all food and beverage menu items including their preparation, ingredients, cooking methods, portions, and prices.
- Have knowledge of all café, sanitation, and team dining room team member's responsibilities.
- Have detailed knowledge of the facility and its amenities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) years of food and beverage service experience required.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be 21+ years of age.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members, and Management in both written and verbal form.
- Must manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
- Ability to make quick judgment decisions.
- Certificate/License: ServSafe food safety certification, TIPS alcohol certification, and gaming license required.
- Must be able to handle a flexible schedule.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and maturity in his or her decision-making ability, even when dealing with difficult situations.
- Comprehensive food knowledge, which includes profit and loss statements, cost control, menu planning, budgeting, training, inventory control, and sanitation.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color, and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Requires the physical ability to stand for long periods of time, walk frequently bend or reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance.
- Requires a normal sense of smell, taste, and touch.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. with or without assistance.
Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain second-hand smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks performed from a sitting or non-sitting position. Performance of job duties will require standing, walking, lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, and grasping. These tasks include the maintenance and care of the assigned area. Work may entail trained chemical usage. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
Disclaimer and Conditions of Employment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
The Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians abides by Native American preference in its hiring and employment policies.
Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Gun Lake Casino
1123 129th Avenue
Wayland, MI 49348
Web Site: https://gunlakecasino.com
Gun Lake Casino is the leading provider of gaming and entertainment to the residents of West Michigan, located off Exit 61 on U.S. 131, halfway between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo.
The casino features over 2,000 slot machines, 42 table games, Sandhill Café, Harvest Buffet a 300-seat buffet along with bars, lounges, and live entertainment.