Cook- Child Development Center - Sandia Resort & Casino
Cook- Child Development Center
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Apr 08, 2021
Jun 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Prepares and serves short-order items, meals and drinks, cleans up work areas, performs general labor, maintenance, clerical and cashiering duties as assigned
Under the supervision of the Child Development Administrator.
May lead the work of assigned employees
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps prepare meals and assists with facility set-up.
- Ensures sanitary conditions in the preparation and serving of meals.
- Cleans work areas during and after serving.
- Assists in the ordering of raw food and supplies.
- May perform maintenance and general labor work.
- May perform clerical and cashiering duties.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to respond to oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret recipes.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to work under limited direction.
- Ability to work odd and unusual hours.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of the ingredients used in the preparation of foods
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Six (6) months experience as a cook
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Must complete the New Mexico Food Handlers course within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to obtain and maintain any other licenses and/or certifications as determined by management.
- Will require working odd and unusual hours with rotating shifts/weekend work.
- Duties are performed indoors and outdoors subject to inclement weather, sharp objects, cuts, and bruises.
- Subject to hazards such as infections, diseases, fumes, odors, and dust.
- Duties may involve walking on uneven, flat, muddy, and hard surfaces.
- Duties may involve walking, running, standing, crouching, and kneeling.
- Specific required movements include the following: (90 lbs. Maximum)
- Trunk-bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, carry
- Arms-reach, carry, push, pull, lift, twist, rotate
- Legs-lift, push, pull, twist, rotate, balance
- Hands-grasp, manipulate, bilateral coordination, eye and hand coordination, overall and finger dexterity
Salary: $12.01 – $15.02 Per Hour
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Sandia Resort and Casino
30 Rainbow Road NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Phone: (800) 526-9366
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!