Associate Planner - Agua Caliente Casinos
Agua Caliente Casinos
Rancho Mirage, California 92270
Apr 08, 2021
Jun 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Community & Government Relations
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under general supervision, performs a variety of professional and responsible current and/or advanced planning work. Work may include serving as staff support to one or more boards or commissions or providing project direction to others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Process applications for new developments, site plan reviews, special use permits
- Provides research, data collection and analysis; reviews and processes development applications; performs independent studies; prepares reports and recommendations; and drafts ordinances. Assignments may focus on development planning, long-range planning, code enforcement or any combination thereof as required by the Tribe.
GAMING EXPERIENCE NOT REQUIRED
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning, geography or a related field.
- 2 to 4 years experience with local or regional government is preferred.
- This position requires familiarity with the principles and practices of urban planning, applicable state and federal environmental and planning laws, city policies, regulations, and codes relating to planning, zoning, and land divisions, and an understanding of the procedures and processes of a municipal planning division. The position also requires excellent customer service skills, communication skills, and oral presentation skills.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of California.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Agua Caliente Casinos
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs • Cathedral City, CA
Agua Caliente Casinos are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Agua Caliente Cathedral City is slated to open in the fall of 2020. The gaming floor will have 536 slot machines and 8 table games. The casino features several food and beverage venues, 360 Sports Cathedral City, Café One Eleven, and the classic coffee-house, Java Caliente which is open 24 hours a day.
The Agave Caliente Tequila Bar, which is attached to the 12,000-square-foot outdoor entertainment pavilion known as Agua Caliente Pavilion, overlooks the mountainous desert landscape. The Pavilion will host reoccurring live entertainment and events, and can be reserved year-round for private parties, weddings, charitable functions, etc.