Casino EVS Attendant - (PT) - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Casino EVS Attendant - (PT)
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Apr 06, 2021
Jun 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
The EVS team member is responsible for the daily upkeep of the interior and exterior of the gaming facility while upholding Oaklawn's Core Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Maintains cleanliness of gaming areas by cleaning machines, bases, chairs, ashtrays, vacuum carpets, empties trash, wipes down trash cans, dusts all areas, cleans window glass.
- Maintains front door areas and maintains and empties trash outside the surrounding areas.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Provides excellent internal and external guest services, treating internal and external guests with courtesy and consideration at all times.
- Cooperates and communicates with all fellow team members, always exhibiting mutual respect and consistently projecting a positive, helpful image/attitude.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with other Company staff and all applicable regulatory commissions and other agencies as may be applicable to ensure compliance.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company core values, internal policies and procedures, as well, as applicable laws and gaming regulations
- Makes efforts to keep informed of company information and communications by reviewing property bulletin boards, digital signage, and company newsletter.
- Effectively communicates concerns and information to supervisor and listens to communication from supervisor.
- Effectively relates ideas for improvements to supervisor and management in accordance with chain of command.
- Observes and reports any and all unsafe behavior displayed by internal and external guests.
- Maintains an attitude & philosophy consistent with the company Core Values and Standards of Behavior with internal & external guests
- Regular punctual attendance
- Ability to work required overtime
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to use equipment associated with position; including but not limited to the use of vacuum cleaners, mops, brooms and floor machines.
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong guest service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Excellent verbal skills
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive demeanor with guests and team members
- Ability to adhere to OJC attendance standards
- Ability to use a hand-held radio for communications
- Must be able to work as part of a team and maintain a positive attitude, as well as work independently
- Flexible and adaptable to work in changing environment
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Previous professional housekeeping experience a plus but not required
- High School grad or GED preferred but not required
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to work in a smoking environment with moderate to loud noise levels and varied light levels including flashing lights
- Ability to work a schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of shift
- Ability to easily traverse the gaming floor
- Must be in good physical condition, position requires frequent physical labor including walking, standing, climbing, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, reaching and carrying
- Ability to frequently lift, pull, push 50lbs., with or without assistance
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms
- Ability to work around and use cleaning chemicals
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Arkansas State Licensing.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.
WE ARE GROWING! This is an exciting time to join the Oaklawn Family. We have broken ground on a $100 million expansion that includes 28,000 additional sq. ft. of gaming, a 200-room luxury hotel, pool, spa, fitness center, steakhouse, food court, event center, and so much more!
Oaklawn was founded in 1904 and is one of the top 5 thoroughbred tracks in the country, also home to the annual $1 million Arkansas Derby. We are the #1 tourist attraction in Arkansas and Hot Springs is the #1 tourist destination in the state. We hope you’ll join us. ARE YOU IN?