Spa Manager - Sandia Resort & Casino
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
May 04, 2021
Jun 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Manages the sales and operation of a 12,000 square foot spa, salon and fitness center with 10 treatment rooms, 2 hairstyling stations and 2 nail stations in a world class spa environment. Plans, organizes, directs and controls the daily operations functions at Sandia Resort & Casino while maintaining the absolute highest level of service to our valued guests. Ensures that the spa is operating at the highest capacity generating the revenues and profitability as outlined in the annual budget.
Reports to the General Manager of Resort Operations. Supervises Spa Supervisor, Massage Therapists, Nail Technicians, Estheticians, Cosmetologist, Spa Attendants, Service Coordinators, Receptionists, Retail Clerk, and Retail Supervisor.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assures that all employees in the Spa department provide our guests with friendly, courteous, professional and timely service.
- Provides the long-term vision and strategic direction for the Department.
- Develops sales strategies in order to create a strong local customer market base.
- Develops service menu, programs and packages.
- Oversees, schedules and engages in the administrative and delivery of all spa services; creates a peaceful, relaxing environment for guests and staff.
- Develops, manages and monitors budgets.
- Works closely with Casino operations to ensure that casino requests are handled with the utmost priority.
- Prepares work schedules and assigns personnel to meet demands.
- Oversees the training of all technicians to include technical skills, guest service, sales, orientation, and continuing education.
- Works with the General Manager of Resort Operations, General Manager of Gaming Operations, Director of Marketing, and Hotel Sales Manager in the planning and execution of the overall & site specific marketing/sales strategies for all Spa services and products.
- Supervises and oversees the management of all technicians and team members.
- Coordinates the selection, presentation and management of all retail merchandise and vendors.
- Sets sales targets; creates and drives a positive sales environment among all spa staff.
- Recruits, selects, trains, motivates and evaluates spa staff.
- Trains staff using Computer Based Programs approved by Sandia Resort.
- Develops emergency procedures and safety programs.
- Conducts daily “stand-ups” for team goals and communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sound administrative skills and business management skills.
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Proven ability to create and manage budgets.
- Experience in management and sales in the health/fitness/wellness fields.
- Knowledge of spa services, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Knowledge of retail spa products and inventory management.
- Ability to create and implement guest service standards and procedures.
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience and knowledge with OSHA, Worker’s Compensation and liability insurance.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to relate well with diverse personalities.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent
- Three (3) years’ experience in a Salon, Fitness Center, Spa or related operations
- One (1) year prior supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports, Healthcare or related field
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Work normally performed indoors, but may be performed outdoors.
- Work is performed on weekdays and weekends.
- Be available to work 24/7.
- Work requires normal dexterity while walking, climbing stairs, standing, sitting, bending, squatting, and lifting.
Salary: $63,369.48 – $85,548.73 Annual
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Sandia Resort and Casino
30 Rainbow Road NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Phone: (800) 526-9366
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!