Safety Specialist, Food Quality - San Manuel Casino
Safety Specialist, Food Quality
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Apr 04, 2021
Jun 15, 2021
Type of Position:
The San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (SMBMI) endeavors to provide the safest environment possible for guests, team members, and the general public. Every reasonable effort is made to promote accident prevention, fire protection and health preservation. Safety & Loss Control Department is an integral and essential department within the SMBMI organization.
The Safety & Loss Control Program requires a dedicated, professional Safety Specialist coordinating and administrating the program activities. Reporting to the Safety Engineer, the Food Quality Safety Specialist upholds the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians Safety Program and assures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to health and safety.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops safety education programs for employees. Develops safety training topics and assists departments’ with necessary training materials and handouts for monthly safety meetings. Conducts on-the-job training for safety awareness and compliance including new employee safety orientation, Hazardous Communication, Defensive Driving, Emergency Action and Evacuation Plan, Fire Extinguisher use, and other applicable programs
- Implements company safety policies within SMBMI procedures and guidelines. Responds to health and safety questions, concerns and inquiries. Identify, evaluate, prevent, and control health and safety hazards. Collects, reviews, investigates, and works with responsible department(s) in resolving Hazardous Condition Reports, as well as all other health and safety hazards. Creates and distributes safety bulletins, charts and displays in relation to accident prevention, emergency reporting, first-aid, injuries, etc.
- Monitors operational matters regarding safety programs, including occupational safety and health, emergency preparedness, and other safety programs affecting conditions and well-being of SMBMI employees and the general public. Reviews industry publications and monitors pending legislation and regulations to determine impact of new developments on San Manuel’s safety and health compliance programs. Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of the Safety Department.
- Performs incident response and accident, injury, near miss investigations. Collection, entry and dissemination of data related to incident response, audits/inspections accident/injury and near miss investigations.
- Attends monthly departmental safety committee meetings, provides additional safety & health resources as requested by departments or enterprises and collects and tracks monthly minutes for compliance. Moderates quarterly safety committee meetings (to include all enterprises and departments). Investigates and assist departments, when appropriate, with implementation of safety committee recommendations.
- Audit site activities and advise on actions necessary to comply with OSHA, regulatory agencies, and company guidelines. Informs Safety Engineer of audit and inspection results, findings, recommendations, actions and monitoring of safety matters and coordinates or assists with implementing program changes resulting from investigative findings.
- Identify, evaluate, prevent, and control health and safety hazards. Collects, reviews, investigates, and works with responsible department(s) in resolving Hazardous Condition Reports, as well as all other health and safety hazards. Conducts safety oversight and intervenes, under the direction of the Safety Engineer, in conditions which pose an immediate threat to employees, patrons, equipment or buildings.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Associate’s degree in Environmental Science, Risk Management or closely related field required.
- A minimum of one (1) year, directly related experience in the field of environmental, health and safety.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Must possess intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and internet research methodology.
- Able to clearly present information through the written reports and presentations.
- Possess excellent and visible organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to work on multiple projects in an effective manner and under deadline pressure.
- Demonstrated maturity and poise; ability to employ perfect discretion in sensitive situations.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record; employee may occasionally be required to drive their personal vehicle.
- OSHA 30 hr certificate required or must have the ability to obtain certificate within one year
- OSHA, ASP, CSP, ARM, SQF, or equivalent professional designation preferred and/or must have the ability to obtain relevant professional designation within one year
- Must obtain and maintain current Food Handler’s card, ServSafe certificate and negative TB test.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!