Cadet, Public Safety - San Manuel Casino
Cadet, Public Safety
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Apr 04, 2021
Jun 14, 2021
Type of Position:
As part of the Public Safety Cadet Program, the Public Safety Cadet position is aimed at individuals considering a career in Public Safety. Participants in the Public Safety Cadet Program gain exposure to, and an understanding of law enforcement work performed in a Public Safety Department. Under the general direction of the Manager, Administration and Community relations, this entry level will perform a wide variety of support and administrative duties in a learning capacity in preparation for a career as a Public Safety Assistant (PSA) or Public Safety Officer (PSO). The Public Safety Cadet may be assigned to duties within the following Public Safety Divisions; Administration; Patrol; Facilities; Training; Security Services and Public Safety Assistant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists staff in performing day-to-day tasks.
- Provides administrative support to include, but not limited to; filing and retrieving documents, records and reports; photocopy and shredding documents.
- Participates in and provides support to special projects and events.
- Provides information, directs public, and responds to inquiries in the Public Safety Department.
- Performs accurate and timely data entry and records maintenance.
- Attends meetings as necessary and assigned.
- Assists with vehicle fleet cleaning and minor maintenance.
- Assists with radio communications and infrastructure.
- Cleans and maintains work areas and machinery.
- Establishes and maintains professional and effective working relationships with other employees, visitors and the public.
- Provides exceptional customer service at all times.
- Other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D and currently enrolled in a two-year college or four year university program carrying one of the following:
- Minimum of twelve (12) semester units and a satisfactory GPA of at least a 2.0 or better; or
- Minimum of nine (9) semester units provided candidate/employee has completed 70+ units and a satisfactory GPA of at least a 2.0 or better; or
- Minimum of nine (9) semester units provided that candidate/employee has obtained an associate’s degree, and a satisfactory GPA of at least a 2.0 or better
- Must accept “limited term” assignment requirement as condition of employment
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of appointment and will be expected to meet the eligibility requirements to apply for a PSA or PSO position at the completion of a degree program.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!