Poker Assistant Manager - Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
60138 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Poker Assistant Manager
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
Black Hawk, Colorado 80422
Apr 02, 2021
Jun 03, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Don’t just work. Work Happy. A career in gaming? At Ameristar Black Hawk, we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth, and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
Your daily responsibilities as a Poker Assistant Manager include but not limited to:
- Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift in the Poker area. Supports, administers, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with a manager regarding any concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
- May be responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department by providing recommendations; supports compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Effectively handles customer concerns and requests; reports problems to manager.
- Responsible for the accountability of the chips, cards, and all other gaming equipment.
- Assists in maintenance and processing of all paperwork, logs, schedules, and communication pertaining to the Poker department.
- Shares responsibility for the overall engagement of all team members by addressing and managing team member feedback, suggestions, complaints, and grievances.
- Shares responsibility for the overall integrity of daily operations on assigned shift.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within the area of authority and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Associate degree (A.A.) in related field; or minimum of two (2) years of experience in a comparable Poker Operations leadership position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and have knowledge of Poker operating systems.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. - Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have extensive knowledge of all Poker Operations. - Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to deal with issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to work any shift or hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Salary Range: $53,000 – $60,000 Based on Experience
Click here to see where you will live and enjoy life!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
111 Richman Street
Black Hawk, CO 80422
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk located in the Rocky Mountains 40-miles west of Denver, offers an exceptional gaming and entertainment experience in the Denver metropolitan area.
The property features a 71,500 square-foot casino; a luxury full-service hotel with 536 well-appointed rooms, including 64 suites; a roof-top pool; six dining and entertainment venues; a full-service luxury day spa; 15,000 square-feet of meeting and event space; and the largest parking garage in the market.
The casino consists of a complete selection of popular slot and table games. Offerings include more than 1,250 state-of-the-art slot machines, 40 table games including Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Flop Poker, High Card Flush, and 11 live poker tables.
The hotel tower contains more than 15,000 square-feet of flexible meeting space. Conference and meeting rooms are equipped with the latest technology, and the property’s diverse restaurants are able to cater any event.