Graphic Designer - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Apr 02, 2021
Jul 23, 2021
Type of Position:
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
Graphic Designer is responsible for the creative execution of projects and initiatives; creating key elements of a brand’s vision, through development and application of the visual identity across all communications. She/he works under general supervision; handling many projects at one time, and collaborates in a team environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- The work of the graphic designer must be of high caliber, visually appealing and exceeds expectations of A New Level of Excellence.
- Act as a leader within the graphic design team, helps assign creative tasks to designers to ensure workload is distributed effectively.
- Work closely with the graphic design team on assignments and projects.
- Review graphic team designs for errors before printing and publishing. Monitors designs for adherence to brand standards.
- Able to quickly decipher instructions and descriptors.
- Work well with other departments including leaders.
- Ability to handle several projects and tasks at the same time.
- Able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Work with Marketing team to develop graphic executions of creative strategies for marketing communications; works within branded templates to produce final products in a fast environment with limited corrections.
- Develop creative concepts in collaboration or advertising and promotional materials for Oaklawn.
- Design corresponding work to compliment brand image concepts developed by outside advertising agency and to maintain design standards.
- Create and review multiple visual proofs for initial concepts with graphics team.
- Work with internal teams to support creative needs.
- Develop graphics for in-house materials, digital/video, print, outdoor and direct mail marketing programs.
- Maintain current working knowledge of all digital advertising trends and techniques.
- Proactively seek information from casino internal departments to gather or confirm facts to be incorporated into design assignments.
- Maintain and catalog all photography and completed jobs in both an electronic and hard copy format.
- Design other internal and external communications projects as requested by the VP of Marketing.
- Provides friendly, fast, and helpful guest service to all guests and team members.
- In coordination with other departments, development of internal and external design projects including advertisements, digital campaigns, outdoor, direct mail, resort signage and any other design as required.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior guest service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
- Ensure the integrity of logo and all brand aspects.
- Maintains an attitude & philosophy consistent with the company Core Values and Standards of Behavior with internal & external guests.
- Maintain current working knowledge of all graphics software options and capabilities.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- A Bachelors degree in Graphic Design.
- Seven (7) plus years of advanced knowledge and experience in design, development and programming on Adobe Creative Suite and related design products.
- Advanced grasp of graphic design standards as applicable to branding and marketing.
- Advanced Knowledge of a variety of print/digital/video graphics software required.
- Ability to work a schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays including more than 40 hours a week.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Word, Excel, Power Point, and Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Working knowledge of files types, rendering and exporting.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Must have advanced experience with web design, direct mail, social media formatting.
- Must be proficient with capturing and editing photography and video.
- Print design and print production experience required.
- Knowledge of printing processes, specs, paper, color, finishing preferred.
- Demonstrated organization skills; able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, multi-project, deadline-driven, constantly changing environment.
- Strong experience creating innovative design concepts using originality and creativity.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a busy office environment.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arkansas Gaming License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to stand and walk for the majority of the shift. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to stand, climb, push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Arkansas State Licensing
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check that may include fingerprinting and credit check
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.
WE ARE GROWING! This is an exciting time to join the Oaklawn Family. We have broken ground on a $100 million expansion that includes 28,000 additional sq. ft. of gaming, a 200-room luxury hotel, pool, spa, fitness center, steakhouse, food court, event center, and so much more!
Oaklawn was founded in 1904 and is one of the top 5 thoroughbred tracks in the country, also home to the annual $1 million Arkansas Derby. We are the #1 tourist attraction in Arkansas and Hot Springs is the #1 tourist destination in the state. We hope you’ll join us. ARE YOU IN?