Prep Cook - Hong Bao - San Manuel Casino
Prep Cook - Hong Bao
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Mar 31, 2021
Oct 17, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Prep Cook will assist the Junior Chef in the preparation of dim sum Chinese BBQ and wok station food, food orders as well as control production levels, to make sure recipes are properly followed. The Prep Cook will specialize in one or two types of authentic Asian cuisine food preparation and assure that all specialty food is of quality and is done in a timely and sanitary manner. The Prep Cook will assist the Junior Chef with preparation of weekly work schedules and daily break schedule for the Asian kitchen. Preference for specialty food including Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean and Japanese food as well as wok dim sum experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for gathering required paperwork, reviewing the order ticket, providing pre-prepped ingredients and ensuring all necessary items are completed. Prepping includes: spices, meats, vegetables, sauces, noodles, rice and any ingredient needed.
- Responsible for larger/overall prep work needed to support the next day/shift. For example, pre-prepping vegetables or meat for next day and storing appropriately.
- Assist in daily inventory of product and the requisitions to make sure that shortages do not occur.
- Use and store all food per rotation regulations: First-In-First-Out. Directly responsible for labeling and dating all food items on their designated station as well as the kitchen as a whole. Also ensures all food items are within expiration dates or if not, that they are disposed of and properly logged on waste sheets.
- Ensures that recipes are consistent in flavor profiles, quality, and appearance; ensures production time frames are adhered to for all menu/food items being produced on assigned station; ensures workstations are fully stocked for forecasted business flow and restock before end of shift.
- Possesses adequate knowledge of basic food products (meat, poultry, fish, produce, dry goods, etc.) and standard food production equipment; possesses adequate knife skills and ability to sufficiently perform all basic cooking methods, as well as the ability to multitask within those basic cooking methods to ensure no interruption in servicing of the guests.
- Responsible for training and re-training of all kitchen personnel. Able to function and train in all areas; all kitchens, food prep, stock and dishwasher.
- Communicate and update to keep co-workers informed. Keep up with emails and communication with cooks, chefs and other leads.
- Report all discrepancies, accidents. Violations, problems or concerns to the immediate Supervisor.
- Responsible for cleanliness, organization and preparedness of immediate work space and adjacent areas. Have complete understanding of all relative stations.
- Assist with special projects as directed by the Supervisor including but not limited to: Monthly meetings, Deli assistance, Special banquets, concerts and special guests.
- Be able to keep good notes on production levels of cooks, and daily observations.
- Responsible for assisting in the compliance of the San Manuel Casino Gaming Ordinance Guidelines (Chapter 19, sections 19.1 through 19.58). Be familiar with Safety policies and procedures. Attend and participate in all safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Culinary Arts degree from accredited school required.
- Minimum three (3) years? experience working as Prep Cook or similar role required. Experience in high volume line cooking or production cooking within a full service dining establishment preferred.
- Strong knife skills required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum culinary education/experience requirements indicated above.
- Demonstrates knowledge of food preparation and presentation.
- Capable of following procedures and taking direction.
- Possesses the ability to read recipes, production lists and any other necessary collateral paperwork, such as diagrams and logs, to be able to perform necessary duties.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a Food Handler?s within 90 days of employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, longtime San Manuel employees still love their jobs
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!